30 days off klonopin and struggling

[Ja...]

Hello my name is Jamie. I have been off and on different benzos for my anxiety for the past 6 years. I am also an alcoholic and an addict. I came off my klonopin 2 months ago with a taper from my doctor. I had been on it for about 1 year and adivan before that. A month after my taper I relapsed on klonopin and alcohol. I just got out of residential treatment on Wednesday. Now I am dealing with immense anxiety and some post acute withdrawals. I needed a place to learn more and to be able to talk to others dealing with the same thing. I am currently a member of AA and don't have an outlet for my benzo issue. Thank you.

[11...]

Hello JamieC, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I am glad you have found our community!  Good to hear you got treatment and have let go of alcohol and benzos.  I think I was meant to see this because in 2020 I also got off Klonopin and alcohol.  I joined AA and I suppose I am fortunate because my group doesn't object to me mentioning my benzo use but I am cautious about how much I say.

Of course you are still struggling and having withdrawl symptoms, it is early on for you and it is a tough process.  Here is a link to the board for support for people who have finished their taper:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

My hope is you look around this site since there is a lot of helpful info here.  When you feel ready, you can start a thread.

Best and again, welcome,

Kate