Malabsorption

[Da...]

Does anyone understand a way around Malabsorbption during WD?  Does something work for them. Obsiouly a good diet and if so I am eating well but as others I am sure open to people's diets that works for them. 

Also does anyone know if there are medical or science studies on this and possibilties of counteracting the benzo effect on absorption?

I haven't noticed malabsortion myself, but I have been on a healthy, though somewhat bland, diet. I don't think you are getting replies because for most this isn't an issue.

Does anyone understand a way around Malabsorbption during WD?  Does something work for them. Obsiouly a good diet and if so I am eating well but as others I am sure open to people's diets that works for them. 

Also does anyone know if there are medical or science studies on this and possibilties of counteracting the benzo effect on absorption?

I get severe IBS flares after cuts and they cause food to pass through me so fast I often have issues

I took shaynas advice about pancreatic enzymes. I just tried it last night for the first time. I can say it definitely helped. Just even after that first time I noticed a drastic difference in my blood sugars. I ate took two before I ate a slice pizza which would normally throw my blood sugars way up into the 230 range. But I took the enzymes right before I ate and my blood sugars never went above 140, which is normal. I didn’t notice any stomach issues so far either. I think I’m going to keep going with it and see if it helps me put on some weight!

Shayna,

What is pert?

Pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy. There are the pharmaceutical kind then their are the over the counter type.

I was taking creon when I was very very ill in the beginning. They honestly made me a lot worse. I couldn’t be far from the toilet ever. I lost 12-15 kilos at this stage so they thought I had cancer. What I did have was severe tolerance wd and was being medicated into my grave. I truly thought I was going to die, so did my family.

https://www.creon.com/

Then I started taking these instead and things got better, along with getting off all the meds they had me on of course.

https://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/life-space-digestive-enzymes-cap-x-60?gclid=Cj0KCQiA3Y-ABhCnARIsAKYDH7vIOaArHMYEG0Rm-S17KFaJvTpyh1RAmNb2GX60CrLktr9aG_GFHIMaAt5VEALw_wcB

I still have gi issues but they are nothing compared to what they were. Most days my stool is more brown (tmi) trust me this is exciting when ur stool has been yellow for years.

There are still some days where it’s bad, usually when I’m in a wave.

I took shaynas advice about pancreatic enzymes. I just tried it last night for the first time. I can say it definitely helped. Just even after that first time I noticed a drastic difference in my blood sugars. I ate took two before I ate a slice pizza which would normally throw my blood sugars way up into the 230 range. But I took the enzymes right before I ate and my blood sugars never went above 140, which is normal. I didn’t notice any stomach issues so far either. I think I’m going to keep going with it and see if it helps me put on some weight!

This makes me so happy x great news x

How long have u got?  :-[

I was polydrugged. Drs didn’t believe it could be sleeping pills causing all of my problems. They said it was depression and anxiety so I was put on lovely cocktails of various things for at least a year and a half. None of it helped of course. I got off all of it but it took a while.

Have you looked at the ingredients? It is a lot for a digestive enzyme. Could be a lot of triggers not sure. Glutamine could be an issue even though it is good for the gut. If it works

Amylase, Tilactase (lactase), Cellulase, Lipase  Gentiana lutea (Gentian) extract dry conc. From dry root, Glutamine, Lecithin,Piper nigrum (Black pepper) ext. , Alpha lipoic acid, Ubidecarenone (co-enzyme Q10),, Magnesium (from magnesium citrate 25 mg) Zinc (from zinc amino acid chelate 10 mg)

Paxia:

When you ate carbs before, would they give you anxiety and panic?

That's what I'm finding!

I can't figure out if it's just eating anything or just carbs.

I haven't checked my blood sugar in a long time, but I should.

I'm starting to think I have rebound hypoglycemia.

I'm just so lost!

Winnie

Have you looked at the ingredients? It is a lot for a digestive enzyme. Could be a lot of triggers not sure. Glutamine could be an issue even though it is good for the gut. If it works

Amylase, Tilactase (lactase), Cellulase, Lipase  Gentiana lutea (Gentian) extract dry conc. From dry root, Glutamine, Lecithin,Piper nigrum (Black pepper) ext. , Alpha lipoic acid, Ubidecarenone (co-enzyme Q10),, Magnesium (from magnesium citrate 25 mg) Zinc (from zinc amino acid chelate 10 mg)

What is that from??

Paxia:

When you ate carbs before, would they give you anxiety and panic?

That's what I'm finding!

I can't figure out if it's just eating anything or just carbs.

I haven't checked my blood sugar in a long time, but I should.

I'm starting to think I have rebound hypoglycemia.

I'm just so lost!

Winnie

My sugars get really high. But if I don’t eat something every two hours they get a little low. I only got anxiety and panic with sugar. Not really carbs.

What is that from??

It’s from mine x

I take a probiotic daily...the brand is Mercola Probiotics, the only one that works for me. I also take a multivitamin. I recently read that Benzo's reduce calcium absorption.

• 7 months later...

I had a gastroscopy and an allergy panel done recently. I have gastritis and esophageal erosion or something. The allergist discovered I am gluten intolerant. I have a feeling those are related. I've been off of benzos for over 5 months and I wasn't gluten intolerant, nor did I have GERD prior to w/d. My hypothesis is that the dysregulated anxiety from benzo w/d messed up my gut.

I'm on esomeprazole, a prescription probiotic and mosapride. Aside from that I have a strict gluten-free diet in which I even had to change my toothpaste.

Symptoms are fatigue, brain fog, unsteady balance (I sway sometimes), concentration problems.