Is this normal during WD?

[Mi...]

Hello thank you for adding me!

I am 21 days off k .5 three times a day for almost a year. During the time I was on k I was badly kindled and had no idea why I felt so ill. During that time of kindling I would way up in panic and shaking next to my boyfriend who I have been with for 6 years and I hugged him and couldn’t feel nothing ( I know I love him but I can’t feel) it makes me question my relationship. I’m not happy about anything anymore. Since this is true oh upsetting me . I get anxiety each time I see him afraid of my own thoughts. Before all of this I was so deeply in love with him. And now I can’t feel I can only feel negative emotions. Sometimes I can feel a little positive but it doesn’t feel real and it last a couple hours at most. Then it goes away back to these awful feelings. Has anybody had these feelings towards people they love? Does the feelings come back?

Hello Mickey237, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Congratulations on being benzo free, that's a huge accomplishment!  What you're feeling is very common, we lose ourselves in this process and well as our ability to feel for others, this will pass.  I was the same way, I felt dead inside, no joy and no love but it all came back as the negative feelings left.

If you'll start a thread on the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support board you'll find many who experience what you are.

We're happy you found us, please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Hi Mickey,

Welcome to BB, glad you're here.

What you're going through is tough, messes with your mind. Glad you KNOW you love him and what you are feeling/thinking is skewed. I've not really been through that but just wanted to say hi.

Keep visiting the board and find places you feel you belong, the best daily med I've found to help me in my taper and rebuilding my mind!

Cheers,

Kachina