New buddy

[co...]

Hello,

I am a 30s yo buddy who recently started taking xanax illicitly. This started back end of Oct to Dec of this year (pretty much exactly 2 months) and increased doses up to about 2-3 mg daily, broken into 4 times a day doses.

I stopped CT right before xmas, and the weekend after had bad panic attacks. I did not know these were related. I took 0.5 mg xanax 6 days after my first CT and did that for 2 more days. Then I stopped CT again, had some rebound anxiety for 6 days, but not bad.

Now I recognized the relationship between the stoppage and my symptoms.

I am now on Day 4.5 of another CT.

Hi compfreak,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you have joined us here!

CT is tough to go through. Even after two months your body can become dependant on the drug. It often ends up creating the symptoms that it was supposed to treat.

It sounds like it's not going that badly if your symptoms are manageable. I'll start you off with a couple of links that you might find helpful. The first is the withdrawal support board. It's a good place to meet other people and ask questions about symptoms you may be having.

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

I'll also give you the link for the CT board which will have information for anything that comes up for you related to your CT.

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

I'm not sure if you are planning to stay off of xanax in the future but I thought I'd give you the link for the Ashton manual. It's a great guide for people wanting to taper but it's also got a lot of information about benzos in general and how they affect the body and what kind of symptoms they can create. I mention this because when we use benzos and stop using them, over time something called kindling can happen where it can become harder to get off of the drugs. I thought I'd mention that because it is a definite downside of benzos that a lot of people don't know about.

The Ashton Manual

Also, feel free to browse any of the boards that appeal to you. Again, welcome!

SRR

Hi.  Welcome.....

I was taking Zanax for only 3 mo about 1 to 2 mg daily, some days maybe not any, and then I ran out, and wham!!!  It was absolute hell.  There was no doubt I was in complete withdrawal, and it was severe.  I ended up in the hospital on day 3.  Anyway, I ended up with a great doctor who to wean me off benzo’s and he started me with Klonopin.  Long story, but it has taken longer than I wanted.  I recently switched to Valium ( that was rough) and I’m very serious.  It’s rough.

It sounds like you’re doing pretty good, drink lots of water..... hang in there 😊

Update.

I rode out yesterday mornings wave. Which was among the worst. But the afternoon I had my biggest and best window yet. Small wave last night but resolved in about 45 min. Able to sleep through the night with benadryl.

Woke up and I'm guessing cortisol surge triggered a small wave. Still going at work but now going away. Nothing like yesterday's.

Now 5.25 days from last dose of 0.125 mg x 1. Gonna keep going and see how things change. Hope these symptoms don't persist on and off, but they may from what I'm reading.

That's great! They may persist but honestly, it sounds like you are doing very well considering. Hopefully that will be the case and you will be able to stay off of them rather than having to do a taper.  :)