Off benzos for 5 weeks after 16 years on benzoes

[Dr...]

Hey benzo community!

I dont really know what to write here, withdrawal is so hard!

All of you are brave!

I’ve been on benzoes  cronich for 16 years,

I finnished tapering from 80 mg Diazepam 5 weeks ago on this friday.

Im here to share my experiences and learn from you.

Feel free to messenge me...

Hello Drjay, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Oh my, 80 mgs of Diazepam, I would imagine you're feeling pretty rough, but this is to be expected.  What was your taper like, did you go slow or fast? 

If you'd like to connect with others who have gone through this please feel free to start a thread on the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support board.

Tell us how we can help you, you're among friends.

Pamster

I feel great but I've been recovered from my cold turkey since 2008 but I remember well how it felt.  I'm sorry to hear you went to a detox facility, those are cruel institutions which taper us too quickly then leave us to suffer in pain.  I walked out of the one I went to the first night, I figured if I was going to suffer, I might as well do it at home.

Have you read  The Ashton Manual, chapter 3 will list your symptoms, they sound pretty common but miserable I know.

Welcome-

I’m so sorry.  I can’t believe how fast they detoxed you.  I’m in the middle of my detox at home under doctor supervision and it’s slow AND HORRIBLE, so I feel so bad for you.  My understanding is it takes the whole body a while to heal after benzo withdrawal and we just have to take one day at a time. 

I hope you find the answers and support you are looking for. 😊