Need a topical antibiotic. Same harm that an ingestible one does?

[Tr...]

My doctor wants to prescribe Clindamycin HCL cream for an infected pimple. We all know that antibiotics can harm us further. Does anyone have any experience with topic antibiotics or this kind? Clindamycin is a broad-spectrum lincosamide antibiotic.

Also, I'm simply here for help. I don't want to start an anti-medicine post as we all know antibiotics are necessary in some instances. Also I don't need replies that only quinolones harm us. s. Penicillins, Sulfa, Beta-Lactams and a bunch of others also affect the CNS (GABA, NMDA, etc) and I can provide peer-reviewed articles if needed. 

Thank you

During my taper I was bitten on my hand by a feral cat and while most of the puncture wounds healed okay, one didn't. My doc prescribed bacitracin cream instead of an oral antibiotic. (I did not want an oral antibiotic). It worked well. The wound healed and I felt no s/x from it . 

Hope this helps.

Katz

Hi Oregan Kat. It's nice to hear from you.  I've used Bacitracin and Neosporin before with transient revving that resolved after discontinuation. I think Clindamycin is a stronger and true antibiotic though. Maybe others will know. I appreciate you stopping by and letting me know