TIME BETWEEN DOSES, WHAT WORKED FOR YOU?

[ho...]

So today I have hit 7mg per day, for 2 weeks of diazepam.

I am so proud. I am not nervous, like I thought I would be, I feel like a ship hitting calmer waves even if I feel like crap, I know its a battle I am winning against each new wave.

I have been given 1 2mg, and 1 5mg tablet.

Here is my predicament.

On 8mg I split each 2mg pill into 2, giving me 1mg pills which I took every 2-3 hours to combat the nausea and shakes.

Today I haven't been able to do that.

My pharmacist said that diazepam has effect of 2-3 hours and was the one who suggested this approach to avoid withdrawal effects... Which was a god send.

Today has been awful, the 5mg crumbled to dust when I broke it up, and I felt like a rockstar off an 80's drug movie scooping it up trying to get it in my mouth to down quickly with water.  ::)

How would you all suggest cutting the 5mg into barrable chunks. 

I had a awful stage at 5pm today where I felt the world around me was like a dream, and it wasn't nice.

Any suggestions welcome..

I can't get liquid diazepam as the clinic has limited funding with the NHS. . .  they said to maybe ask my GP.

AJ x

I'm sorry you're having to deal with a 5 mg tablet, but you have such a great attitude and you made me smile when you described how you felt like a rock star and not in a good way.  :laugh:

We can be fairly confident in a scored tablet that the medication is evenly distributed but all bets are off after that so I'm not surprised you didn't feel good.  Many of our members get really creative when it comes to cutting doses, I've seen them shave the pills into little piles, crush and weigh them on a jewelers scale and of course, converting the dry tablets into a liquid. 

You mentioned you can't get the liquid Diazepam but can you request 2 mgs tablets next time instead of the 5 mg?

Let us know if we can explain these methods to you, congratulations by the way on reaching 7 mgs!  :thumbsup: