taper question, xanax

[ma...]

im currently tapering and am taking 0,5 of xanax per day but i take it divided 4 times a day, dont know if thats even smart?

i used to take 6 mg per day, and have been tapering for a long time now, last month or so ive been taking 0,5 per day but in 2 doses of 0,25.

was that better?

i decided to divide it into 4 doses od 0,125 so i could easier eliminate one of them eventually. does that make sense?

let me know what you think if i should just take the whole dose at once or is this a good idea.

i read the manual and tapering advices but couldnt find anything on this so could really use an advice.

thanks in advance!

Most Xanax users will dose 4 times a day so it sounds like you intuitively knew it was what you needed to do. 

You've done an amazing job of tapering from 6 mgs, it looks to me like you're an expert on tapering!  The only suggestion I have is I've noticed many members need to slow their taper down towards the end so just pay attention to what your body is telling you.

Your doing great. I would like you to move to one of our 2 xanax support groups, or even both of them. There is a lot of experience in the groups, positive input, and a shoulder to cry on when you need one.

The Xanax Club