quick Neurontin question please

[9b...]

[9b...]

I am trying to learn this stuff. In November, I discovered a bottle of  30 count Neurontin, 300 mg and I took them all in like 10 days. I then just quit. I did not feel great but nothing major. Most of my issues have been severe mood swings & reading these posts I see how being dropped by 1.5-2 mg K to .5 (2x) abruptly has had me in a pretty rough taper without even knowing it this past year. I also quit Prozac about 18 months ago after 10 months.

As i am currently at  tolerance with K I wonder, now, if my Neurontin binge caused any of these symptoms? I guess I am grasping for hope-because this would mean maybe my taper is not just all horrendous w/d from K?

I also had some Kratom capsules in September and October. I do not know why I'm just remembering all of this!

also-what is protracted withdrawal?  thanks! Decent day today walking outside and played "spa" with my kids :)

Stopping gabapentin CT after 9 days is what got me into this mess. I was prescribed the benzo to cope with the akithesia and anxiety that seemingly came from nowhere. I don’t know if it’s in play for you, but it’s certainly possible. For those sensitive, as with benzos, there is no such thing as a low dose or short term use with gabapentin.

Beauty

[9b...]
This is all piecing together now for me. I was initially prescribed 600-900 mg neurontin in 2016. I took for several months ( along with K, MR's, a/d's, adderall, vyvnse, mj edibls, and started daily alcohol use. I quit most of them CT except k, adderall, and vyvanse. I quit adderall last spring and reduced the k as stated in post. I just did not know wth was wrong over the past few years. I may be beginning to see the light ? Through all of this darkness, sadly

also-what is protracted withdrawal? 

Most consider protracted withdrawal to still be suffering with symptoms after 2 years.

Hard to say what caused the symptoms specifically.  You cannot separate the consequences of one drug from the other, because you took them all. 

Your withdrawal is withdrawal.  From all of it or from K?  Who knows for sure.  Saying it is from the gabapentin doesn't change the fact that you are in withdrawal, or make it any different, right? 

In withdrawal, we tend to look for ways to explain away our symptoms.  Blame this, blame that.  But it's the benzos and all the other meds that mess with your brain and central nervous system.

In time, the healing happens.

Well said, Healing64. That’s my pep talk for myself all the time. I know gabapentin started the party (I’d never taken anything else in my life), but now there’s just no way to know what’s what. I only took gabapentin and then lorazepam...but then I had a nasty antibiotic setback too. It’s been a real rollercoaster.

Stay strong, buddies,

Beauty