Has anyone had to wean off of a muscle relaxant?

[Ch...]

I am currently taking flexeril for a strained neck, and have been taking it once a day for a few months. I started cutting the pills in half just in case there would be withdrawal symptoms and I feel awful! So now I'm thinking I need to wean slower, but not sure if I have to do the same thing I'm doing with klonopin. I can't wait to be done with both these drugs!

If you feel awful, I'd suggest going a little slower. I wouldn't taper it with the same caution as a benzo but somewhere in between that and a rapid taper seems to make sense. Perhaps aim to withdraw over the course of a month and extend if that seems difficult? It's a good idea to taper all dependency forming medications tbh rather than removing so quickly. However, I would probably not choose to taper two drugs at a time. I think it's better to taper one, take a break, then taper the next. That probably sounds like a longer process than you hoped for and you're most likely correct. However, if you rush it, you might get off the meds quicker... maybe. However, many people here will tell you that it's not always the end of the story. The aim is surely not to come off meds too quickly and be ill for many months after?

You say you can't wait but I would urge patience. That way you can get off them in an orderly manner and stay off, without your whole world falling apart. It might take a while but you can put them truly behind you. I rushed because I was desperate to be done. It doesn't work that way.

Diazepam is actually a muscle relaxant too, people have stiffness issues in withdrawal. I've had some.

My w/d from baclofen was twice as bad as klonopin. A real nightmare.

Hi, Arizona.

Congrats on getting off. You are one of the first people I’ve come across who was prescribed the same cocktail of meds I am on. How are you feeling? How did you do it?

Honestly, not sure how to get off. I tapered half my Baclofen dose 4 years ago. It wasn’t easy, had to go slow. Had to stop due to chronic and terminal illness in immediate family. But trying to taper K now is sending my pain and spasms to another level. Harder than Baclofen for me.

How long were you on the baclofen if you don't mind me asking? What were you taking it for?

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the delay, I missed your reply!

How long were you on the baclofen if you don't mind me asking? What were you taking it for?

I have been on Baclofen for 7 years for muscle rigidity and pain.