Anyone have trouble with a 1% cut?

[Di...]

I didn't do well with a 10% cut so trying a 1% cut.  Its been 9 days still not feeling all that well, lots of anxiety...am I getting to anxious or is this just normal?  As soon as I feel better I want to try the DLMT.

You are still experiencing symptoms of your first cut.  I held for a month and began tapering 2.5 percent per month for 8 months, now doing 2.5 percent per week. Slow down and listen to your body.  If you are still having symptoms at 1 percent, I would hold a few weeks and begin again.

Dianedeedee,

Hold and hang in there until symptoms subside. I do a DLMT taking out 1ml a day until I feel symptoms then I hold and wait until my body catches up and feels better and start again. I did initially do a 5% drop right off the bat when I started and it was too harsh for me. Taking 1ml out a day seems easier on me and I can handle that much better. Thinking of you. Hugs!!

After I held for 8 days I felt so much better and went back to tapering again. I have been very active and feeling pretty well but I can feel some symptoms starting back up again so after this ten day daily 1ml reduction if I am feeling crappy I'll hold again before I pick back up again. I just listen to my body! My body is boss! Lol I'm down 18 % right now. I move pretty slow but I'm staying manageable and sleeping very well at night. I'm good with slow! 😉

That sounds awesome I'm trying to find the correct rate for my taper.  So thankful for you that it looks like you have found your rate.  Praying for continued success for you!

Thank you! I can’t say if it will always stay this way for me, but right now I’ll take it. I hope you get there too and we can slowly taper together and compare notes, and keep supporting each other!  :smitten:

Hello everyone, I am still progressing weekly with my cuts and managing ok.  Last week I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s (autoimmune disease that attacks the thyroid).  I was disappointed as I have read within is disease people typically have two autoimmune diseases and it can be difficult to treat.  I am thinking that may be the reason I was having difficulty in the beginning with my taper.  Hoping that the thyroid stays stable so I can continue on!

What about the rest of you, any new progress?? 

So glad you are progressing with your taper.  I have a friend who was diagnosed with Hashimoto last year she received the proper treatment and is doing well had been treated for years for her thyroid but incorrectly.  Hoping you don't have any other problems.

Hi ladies!

I'm doing well. Still manageable small symptoms. I'm still taking out 1ml a day. I'm down 22% now. I will get to 25% less and then probably hold for a week if I'm feeling bad. Right now so far I'm doing pretty good. I was able to pick out all new kitchen cabinets, tile, backsplash, countertop, appliances for our big kitchen remodel we will be doing. My husband was amazed I could do that right now without being overwhelmed at all. I give the thanks and praise to God for how well I’m feeling right now. I'm sure a wave will be coming but I'll deal with that when I have to.

I'm glad you found out about your thyroid DD and hope that treatment goes well and you feel ok with that. How are you doing seasalt? You guys always brighten my day and keep me going! You are like supportive friends to me that I've never met but yet I feel like I know you! Hugs to you ladies! Keep fighting the fight! You are the strongest people I know!

It’s a big project that’s for sure, but I’m excited for it. We are also doing our bathrooms, front living room, all new flooring, and new laundry room. It’s gunna be a mess for awhile but that’s ok. Like benzo tapering it has to get worse before better I guess. Lol  We also are taking a trip in April so I have that to look forward to. I just want to make sure I stay feeling decent for that. My hope and prayers is that you all stay feeling decent and your symptoms manageable.

Diane, I did a 1% reduction using DLMT for my last 1 mg of valium. When I thought my cuts were catching up with me, I held for a week, then resumed.  It took me longer than 100 days, but going so slowly was definitely worth it.

Hope this helps.

Katz

Hello WonderWoman,

I am doing ok but I had a bit of a set back this week.  My thyroid went from Hypo to hyper and now I am having anxiety, tremors etc.  I am resting as much as possible and waiting on the results of my ultrasound of my thyroid (should have that today).  This will reflect any damage that has been done.  It just complicates this whole process for me.  My sleep as gotten worse, I am only able to get about three hours at the moment.  I am assuming this may be a result of the thyroid being hyper. 

How are you?  How in is the kitchen remodel going?

Oh dear Seasalt! I'm so sorry about that! I'll be thinking of you and sending hugs! That thyroid can wreak a lot of havoc on the body when it doesn't function correctly. I hope you get medication that helps and bounce back quickly! Oh I'm doing good, symptoms are manageable and I'm grateful for that. Kitchen remodel is just starting and it's a mess! Uff da.....this will be a long process! It will be worth it though when it's finished though!  :)

I’m 23 1/2% less medication now. My side effects are not very significant. They are present but very manageable. I’m giving all the thanks and praise to God for that! I’m sure it’ll get worse but I’ll take it like this for now and enjoy it while it’s very manageable.  :)