Rapid withdrawal please need advice

[Sh...]

I’m on 1.39mg Valium per my signature. Sleep has become very minimal. I’m considering rapid taper after discussion with therapist and my family. I just need some advice if possible x

First off, love your avatar!

I did a rapid detox, 4 yrs ago. Still rough going so I don’t know but had I to do over, I’d a taken it a bit slower. Everyone is different so you might follow your intuition. The one advice I’d offer is avoid stress if at all possible.

I’m on 1.39mg Valium per my signature. Sleep has become very minimal. I’m considering rapid taper after discussion with therapist and my family. I just need some advice if possible x

I jumped off a 1 mg dose of clonazepam. I didn't know then that it was necessary to reduce the dose and the doctor didn't warn me. As a result, I successfully recover. I have windows and waves. Sometimes there are stresses, but they are my fault. I'm drawn to sports and I can't help it.

• 2 weeks later...
Please can I get some older buddies to chime in x I really need the support I’ve made this decision I think. I’m on 1.38. I’m going to do 0.33mg reductions every 2 weeks. Last one being .39. Does this sound doable?

Hi Shayna... I can only share my experience. I got down to .15mg klon and acute hit me HARD.  That was around the 8th last month. I managed to keep going til I hit .10mg and decided I had had enough. So I jumped on Christmas Day. Equivalent was 1.5mg V. Thankfully, I didn't have any worse sxs when I jumped than I did when acute sxs hit earlier in the month.

I hope this offers some kind of advice and support! Thinking of you!

Breathe this helps so much Thanku x it honestly is like it’s not doing anything at all. All of a sudden. I’m definitely in acute. I just had a big talk to my hubby and after last week deciding to fast taper I asked him if I should reinstate at like 1.5 and try to stabilize then go again. He said no way are u going backwards. He said he cannot stand the suffering anymore. It’s hurting him just as much. So Thanku for this because a lot of people have told me it will be worse if I jump. Honestly I doubt it could be any worse. I’ve done the right thing with a slow taper and yet this happens anyway. Some of us can’t do it. If the meds stop working what’s the point in taking them?

First off, love your avatar!

I did a rapid detox, 4 yrs ago. Still rough going so I don’t know but had I to do over, I’d a taken it a bit slower. Everyone is different so you might follow your intuition. The one advice I’d offer is avoid stress if at all possible.

Thanku for ur reply x I’m still wrestling with my decision but it helps to hear your story x

I jumped off a 1 mg dose of clonazepam. I didn't know then that it was necessary to reduce the dose and the doctor didn't warn me. As a result, I successfully recover. I have windows and waves. Sometimes there are stresses, but they are my fault. I'm drawn to sports and I can't help it.

I love gym snd running so I know how u feel but I know it will rev me up more so I don’t even try. I miss it every day. I’m glad u have recovered though x

I’ve got the syringes and liquid Valium and all I need now is the courage to start. Thinking of .33 reductions there about every 2 weeks

Go for it Shayna:

I just started tapering and I'm doing a DLMT, and after 2 weeks will equal 12.5% cutt.

I'm gong to see how I do with that.

If I could survive the move over to liquid with was apparently equivalent to 25%, I figure I can do 12.5%.

Time and my period will tell - that's when I go crazy and get akathisia.

Good luck

Winnie

Winnie Thanku x I know people are trying to help but hearing no don’t do it all the time when I am suffering so badly already I just can’t cope with it. It’s easy to taper slow when sxs are manageable but when they aren’t and every day is a horror show what alternative do I have? If I could sleep even 3 hours a night every night I would continue to go slow. I could eat the same food do the same activities take the same supps, then one night sleep the next zero. So it is like a constant rollercoaster every day.

U should be so proud of what u have been able to do. I’m due to get my period too but again I get zero nights at all stages of my cycle regardless.

Do u have a jump date in mind? How did u feel after that big cut the same or worse?

U are amazing Winnie! U go girl x