Been off Klonopin for 10 years.

[en...]

Yeah. I've been benzo free for ten years. Don't even remember taking them. When I started the journey to getting off them I learned to titrate. I got a 100 mill cylinder. I would crush the Klonopin and mix with whole milk. The drug bonds with the fat in the milk and wont fall out of suspension. I would add milk to fill up the 100 mill cylinder. Then go down 1 mill a day. You will discard 1 mill the first day, 2 mills the second day  then 3 then 4 and so on. You still fill up the cylinder to 100 mills each day. you are just throwing away what you don't need. Hope I'm clear. If every thing was bunnies and rainbows you should be off in 100 days but that not the way reality works. You are fooling your brain at first because you are going down so slowly. The old brain will see you are pulling a fast one and hit you with some with drawls. When that happens just hold for a week or so. You will stabilize then continue with going down one mill a day. You will have to hold for a week or so several times during your quest to get of them. This is the easiest way in my opinion to do this. It may not be for every one but it worked for me. I was able to jump off in 5 months with what I call mild with drawls. I could still some what function during this. This was the hardest thing I have ever done. After getting off them it took a few more months to be normal. Some people say normal is a setting on a washing machine. LOL

I have rheumatoid arthritis. And the pain has been bad. I need a knee replacement. I have been taking oxycodone for 4 years through a pain clinic. I have built up a tolerance to then and its time to get off of them. I was taking 7.5 3 times a day. I am in my 5th day of cold turkey. It has eased up some. I think by the 10th day I will be over most of it. Its a walk in the park compared to benzos. The symptoms hit you mostly at night. shaking and jerking cant sleep, flu like symptoms, sore throat, runny eyes. coughing. aches and pains and others minor things. If you have clonidine a blood pressure med it will help greatly. I happen to have some. I got this. If you have determination and good will power you can do it. Failure is not an option.

I haven't been on here in close to 10 years. I was on here during my quest to get off benzos. Though I would stop by and give an up date. Yall come back now, you hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I also learned to liquid titrate! I too used milk as I read here on BB about the binding etc. I started out breaking pieces off but then I had a huge w/d episode and this is when I started titrating. Its the only way to taper off IMO!!! As you did, you can slow down or hold before beginning. Best advice to others reading these posts, goes as slow as you need to but remember there will be some tough days. Thankfully, you improve with time. I would like to add one item. DO NOT dispose of the benzo in the toilet or the drain, always put in the trash. I would mix mine with coffee grounds...

Good advice, TIME is the best healer. Go as slow as one needs too....

j

• 1 month later...