Switching from Etizolam/flualprazolam to Clonazolam

[Wo...]

Ideally I would be getting off of benzos. However, I still feel like I need them and infact, am dependent on them. I am currently taking etizolam/flualprazolam 6 pills a day (3 in am., 2 mid day and 1 in evening) and have been doing that since November 1, 2020 . I have almost ran out and need to switch to Clonazolam (not Clonazopam!) Do I need to taper from one before going to the other? Apparently Clonazolam is stronger and longer lasting.

I guess generally speaking does moving from one benzo to the other require tapering?

Thank you!

Here’s some information you may want to consider before you make your decision:

One of these dangerous designer benzodiazepines is clonazolam, which is allegedly a potent combination of clonazepam and alprazolam, both of which are approved for short-term prescription use. This short-acting, long-lasting drug was originally synthesized in 1971, and it is approximately 2.5 times more potent than Xanax. Reportedly, about 0.5 mg of clonazolam produces intense sedation and amnesia.

The drug is sold exclusively through illicit online retailers, and it is usually taken on blotter paper or in liquid solutions, much like LSD. Although the powder can be found online, the drug is unsafe in this form; ingesting it through the nose, either snorting on purpose or accidentally inhaling a dose, can cause at least a multiday blackout, if not an overdose, respiratory depression, and death. The drug may also be found in tablet or pellet form, which moves the substance through the digestive tract, releasing it more slowly, but causing the substance to be bioavailable for longer in the body.

Clonazolam’s risks are like those of potent opioid drugs, like fentanyl or carfentanil. Onset of clonazolam’s effects begin 10-30 minutes after it is consumed and last for 6-10 hours. This makes it a medium-acting benzodiazepine, but taking more than 0.5 milligrams puts one in severe danger of suffering effects for more than 10 hours.

Although taking any amount of clonazepam is very dangerous, abusing benzodiazepines in large doses can lead to life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. Clonazolam in particular leads to this risk because it is so potent already and can quickly lead to physical dependence. People who abuse clonazolam are more likely to be polydrug abusers, mixing this benzodiazepine with either hallucinogens or stimulants and leading to a cycle of abusing uppers and downers to moderate psychotic effects from the primary drug.

From: https://sdtreatmentcenter.com/synthetic-drugs/clonazolam/