Vision Issues Support Group

[Wo...]

Hi friends,

I am 6 months into a really bad setback from the antibiotic Suprax.  I am 29 months from my klonopin taper.  One of my major issues right now that is preventing me from going back to work is vision, eye pain and DPDR.  This all happened directly after taking the antibiotic and going back into acute withdrawal.

Blurry

Distorted

Double

Far sighted

Eye strain

Eye strain with screens

Eye pain

Red eyes

I got checked by opthomologist and the health of my eyes are fine except some clogged oil ducts which he said to use eye drops and warm compress.  I still need a more thorough vision exam by optometrist. (I was able to see 20/20 on the chart on the wall but clearly can not see day to day so that's just weird).

Wondering if anyone else has/does have this?

I'd love some good news from folks where it has gone away!

Thanks! Best to your continued healing!

I'm all aboard this support group. The weird visual distortions are my most persistent symptom that doesn't even go away when I have windows. Artificial lights are the biggest culprit for me--weird beams coming out of them when I look at them, little rainbows, static fuzz around them, strange glares and halos, etc. I've been to the eye doctor a million times throughout WD to try and figure out what was going on and nothing. All I can really do is sit here and wait for it to go away one day, but as time goes on I can't help but lose faith a bit. I will say that the blurriness went away over time. thankfully.

I had double vision in my left eye for 13 hours months ago.  My left eyeball got "stuck" and wouldn't move.  Finally it passed though.  Everything appears dark and gray for me 24/7.

• 6 months later...
Does anyone still have these issues? I recently developed them, but sort of doubt they are benzo related.. not sure, but not too many have these issues on here.

I do feel my eyes are always tired, getting red often, I have light sensitivity and I can see lights reflections like flickering I don’t know if someone can understand what I mean. I don’t understand if those symptoms give me headache or it’s the opposite

• 2 months later...
Just want to update that this issue has gone away.  I am now 15 months since the antibiotic setback.  My 3D vision came back a few weeks after writing this post and I was able to go back to work part time and drive.  I do have a lot of other symptoms still and still have light DR but the vision stuff pretty much cleared.

• 5 weeks later...
That's good to hear WW23.. did it simply go away on its own slowly? Did you do anything or get answers from the doctor or did it just go away? It took 15 months to resolve? 

I can post about this..I had vision issues...

Blurry vision

Had to really focus to see computer words

Black specs

Silver specs

Illuminated lights like clock on oven completely blurry

Things especially patterns would literally look like they were moving in motion

Sometimes things that should be moving would appear to be vibrating massively

Then the most fun one.. I literally could see but in my mind felt blind like when I would reach for something is was as if I was someone who had no vision

Depth perception off

The list goes on but that's what I mainly remember.  It lasted a long time im not gonna lie it maybe like a year im sorry I know you hate to hear that.  However its gone now.