How much water do I dispense ?

[Ho...]

Hi guys,

I am on 17mg Valium.

If I use 100 ml water and 1mg Valium tab, how much water to reduce at 10% per day ?? Is it 0.3 ml per day, 0.03ml per day.

I have tried using Jim Hawke's taper plan here  https://benzo.alwaysdata.net/ but I am having difficulty obtaining information. The plan is to take 16mg tablet per night plus 1mg per night in liquid and reduce from there.

[49...]

Are you using a liquid valium formulation or making your own by dissolving a pill into water??  Valium is very poorly soluble in water.  It helps to dissolve the pill into some alcohol or propylene glycol before adding the water. 

As for percentages.  I 'think' you're saying that you want to take 16 mg as a solid and that you want to take 1 mg as a liquid and taper just the liquid at a rate of 10% per day.  That would mean reducing your liquid at a rate of 10 ml per day, and would give an overall initial taper rate of around 0.6% per day.  That would seem a fairly reasonable rate to explore.

If you're making your own liquid formulations, you could probably more easily and reproducibly weight out your reductions on a scale versus doing this in water alone.

Hi badsocref, Thanks for replying.

dissolving a pill into water

Yes, Dissolving into water yep. I know it is not very soluble in water and Will take this into consideration. Am a bit scared of adding alcohol in the mix and haven't a clue about Glycol.

As for percentages.  I 'think' you're saying that you want to take 16 mg as a solid and that you want to take 1 mg as a liquid and taper just the liquid at a rate of 10% per day.

Correct.

That would mean reducing your liquid at a rate of 10 ml per day, and would give an overall initial taper rate of around 0.6% per day.  That would seem a fairly reasonable rate to explore.

So this would use a 10ml oral BB syringe and take about 10 days to reach the target of 16mg. Wow, that is very fast! I was hoping you would write 0.3 mg per day or something to get me there gradually over 30 days.

With regards to a dry tablet and scale, i tried to go down to 16.5mg this week but was a bit crook. It is the reason i am here to maybe research a softer option.

[49...]

You can do this at any rate you wish.  You had mentioned 10% per day so I went with that for the liquid part.  If you want to taper the 1 mg liquid portion over 30 days, then remove 3.3 ml per day instead of 10 ml per day.

Sounds like you tried to cut 0.5 mg from your 17 mg dose and it was too big a cut for you.  You can make smaller cuts on the solid pill side just as you can make them doing the liquid approach.  Both will work.  I'd be more comfortable if you were using some alcohol or propylene glycol, but if water is working for you, then go for it.

You can do this at any rate you wish.  You had mentioned 10% per day so I went with that for the liquid part.  If you want to taper the 1 mg liquid portion over 30 days, then remove 3.3 ml per day instead of 10 ml per day.

Sounds like you tried to cut 0.5 mg from your 17 mg dose and it was too big a cut for you.  You can make smaller cuts on the solid pill side just as you can make them doing the liquid approach.  Both will work.  I'd be more comfortable if you were using some alcohol or propylene glycol, but if water is working for you, then go for it.

3.3 ml per day sounds doable, haven't seen anyone on close to my dose so i will assume that rate is correct amount to reduce. Will at some point i need to consider holding in my taper journey  ?

[49...]
Listen to your body (and mind and emotions).  3.3 ml per day is a nice slow rate, but if you start feeling really lousy, then stop reducing your dose until you feel more confident in continuing.  Hold as long as you need, but try not to updose.  The idea is to slowly lower until you're free of these drugs.  Just stay on track and you'll eventually reach your goal.  Remember that it's not a race.  Take your time and reach your goal.

[e4...]

Hoops,

I used plain water to mix the last 0.5 mg of my Klonopin taper.  Like the Valium, it didn't dissolve very well.  I crushed it very finely before adding water and before dosing I stirred it very vigorously.  I then drew it up quickly while it was still suspended.  It wasn't perfect but it worked well enough for me.

Best wishes to you!

Thanks Badsocref and Kate,

I think i have my heart set on water and yes it will take time. .

Like the Valium, it didn't dissolve very well.  I crushed it very finely before adding water and before dosing I stirred it very vigorously.

Worse comes to worse i have a mortar and pestle. Thanks for letting me know you prepped it fast and crushed it well making your liquid Clonazepam.

Remember that it's not a race.  Take your time and reach your goal.

Thanks Badsocref. I want so badly to be free of it, there are setbacks on the way for sure. But perhaps i can do it.