Strength

[Sh...]

Your own message under your avatar is a reminder...mine is the same message.  A day, an hour and sometimes a minute at a time.

Looking back more than 8 years since my taper ended, it was ever so worth the pain, the time, the angst, to get to a place of peace and sense of being in control again after being controlled by a tablet for so long. To be clearheaded and physically healthy again.

It’s a new year, new hope, rebirth... hang in there, this will get better.  Try to accept the process as a long and difficult, but necessary, path to a better future.

Take care...

Well, you just do.  One day at a time.  What else can you do?  Adopt some mantras about this.  Speak to yourself in very positive ways.  Words have power.  What would you say to a loved one going through this, if you were 100% healed?  What advice would you give? 

Sorry this is so hard, but you have to keep going?  What other choice do you really have?  Just get through each hour and each day until things slowly get better.

Keep going shayna!!

You will survive this!!

There is a reason they use sleep deprivation for torture...because that's what it is!

But it is survivable!!!

Sending hugs!

Shayna,

I just joined the “no sleep” club.  I have only been able to get one or two hours per night over the last week, it has really taken a toll.  I hope this resolves soon..

Thanku SB x I’m trying my best x

Sea salt I’m so sorry u have this too. It really is awful. I got better after 3 months of 7-15 hrs a week I finally got 18hrs then 26hrs. The Xmas I stuffed up then went back to 14hrs and this week I might be lucky if I get 12. I’m devastated. I have to go they this all over again. I was hoping to go back to work soon. I’m heartbroken

Thanku SB x I’m trying my best x

Sea salt I’m so sorry u have this too. It really is awful. I got better after 3 months of 7-15 hrs a week I finally got 18hrs then 26hrs. The Xmas I stuffed up then went back to 14hrs and this week I might be lucky if I get 12. I’m devastated. I have to go they this all over again. I was hoping to go back to work soon. I’m heartbroken

Sorry this is so hard.  Unfortunately that is how sleep returns for many.  It's all over the map.  Doable this week and then terrible the next.  Eventually it evens out.  And because you are still on some Valium, sleep most likely will not be consistent until you finally taper off.  After that real healing will begin, but it's a slow process.

Please know that not sleeping only makes you feel like crap.  It won't cause anything serious to happen to you.  That's how I was able to go to work after not sleeping for 3 and sometimes 4 nights in a row.  Don't get me wrong, I took a day off here and there when things go really bad, but I learned over time that it was how I was responding that made things worse.  I thought I should feel like garbage, so I only reinforced feeling terrible.  When I became grateful for any sleep I received or any small improvement, I was able to cope way better.

Being positive and grateful certainly aren't an instant fix, but they should help with our "thought distortions" or how our minds convince us of things that are not true.  This happens for all people, so if it's true for people not in WD, it's 10X worse for those in WD.  It's that negative, doom and gloom thinking that sinks us deeper into the rabbit hole of despair.

Hang in there....

Thanks the way. It’s been an incredibly hard week, I think that because the anxiety ramped back up that I wasn’t able to cope as well.

I wanted to jump off of v but got scared so have decided to do it slow. Sometimes I don’t think it’s doing anything at all but during weeks like this I’d loathe not to have it. Then I wonder if it’s gone paradoxical but who knows really. All I know is I’ll get off in the next 6 months one way or another.

I have no idea how u worked. My brain feels completely fried on the days I don’t sleep. I am always greatful for sleep. I love it so much. People who don’t have this as a symptom really don’t know how lucky they are. There is nothing worse than being awake all the time. Never getting to have a break from all the mental shit we have to deal with in wd.

Yesterday I felt like giving up. It’s not a nice feeling when all u really want to do is live.