Sleep Induction Mat anyone?

[...]

I have a new functional doctor who suggested I try out a Sleep Induction Mat, also called Acupressure Mat, to help with relaxation. I was wondering if anyone's tried one and what your experience was? Here's a link to one, but there's also less expensive ones if you look on Amazon under Acupressure Mat.

[nobbc]https://shop.bulletproof.com/products/sleep-induction-mat[/nobbc]

BTW, I am 4 yrs post benzo, no longer in withdrawal but still suffer from some sleep issues.

Edit: Deactivated commercial link.

I too am over 4 years post Benzo and mostly have good sleep but sometimes have a hard time falling asleep and sometimes wake more than I'd like to each night.

With that said, I tried the acupressure mat and didn't notice any difference.  Hopefully it will work for others?

A weighted blanket has helped.

Thanks, I've also been considering a weighted blanket. I bought one of these acupressure mats a few weeks ago, and the night of my first use (only a couple minutes to start slow), I had a bad night. So of course my benzo mind is connecting the two! But I've tried it again a couple times, also just for a few minutes, and slept ok. It's too soon to really know if it's having any effect at all.

I also recently started looking into retraining the limbic system/neural retraining, as I think trauma from the w/d and horrible insomnia needs to be dealt with at that level. But I'm always looking for something that will help in the meantime!

It certainly doesn't hurt to try non Benzo (non Rx) sleep solutions.  I think I tried everything I could afford at one time or another including the Fisher Wallace Stimulator that is designed to treat anxiety, depression and insomnia.  www.fisherwallace.com  I even had a very expensive Flumazenil treatment along with countless OTC and natural sleep remedies including acupuncture, going to a functional doctor and a NUCCA Chiropractor, counseling, diets, exercise, hypnosis, CBD oil,  Sleep stories, etc, etc.

If I thought it could help you sleep, I probably tried it at one time or another?

Good luck.

Yep, I've tried a bunch of things over the years too. EMDR therapy was probably the thing that helped the most, I'm just going through a bad period right now.  I've got supplements that really help relax me (tryptophan and phosphatydal serine), but they don't put me to sleep. Thanks agin.