Regret after raising zoloft from 100mg to 150mg... is it too late to go back?

[fu...]

Hey all,

In the middle of my despair with my intrusive thoughts, I decide to accept my psychiatrist suggestion on raising Zoloft.

Now I am using it more than 6 weeks and I wonder if it's too late to go back to 100mg. Will I need to taper?

I had not noticed any substantial benefit until now but maybe a new tinnitus noise.

People say that for people with OCD it might take 8 to 12 weeks to reach the therapeutic effects.

But as my worst symptoms are also mental exhaustion with some normal level of stimuli, I wonder if taking care of my glutamate levels is a better route.

Can I still jump back to 100mg without having a hard time?

Those are high doses of Zoloft.  In my experience on antidepressants, I’ve found that dropping from one high to dose to a fairly high dose isn’t bad.  It’s getting off the remaining low dose (for Zoloft 50mg or less) that is the challenge.

Maybe dropping to 125mg for a couple weeks and then down to 100mg could be doable? 

I know you’re trying to tackle OCD but I learned after my first time getting off benzos that you can throw every medication possible at withdrawal, and while you may get some relief, the benzo withdrawal is still overpowering.  It’s a terrible realization but is ok with some acceptance.