Our symptoms are somewhat like Dementia.. Anyone else realized this?

[co...]

I'm studying to become a mental health worker and I'm having to do studying of dementia. I've just been reading a paper on alzheimers and the stuff I was reading was exactly like benzo withdrawal.

- Loss of memory, difficulty regulating emotion, trouble speaking - forgetting words, trouble reading, trouble planning and organizing. etc etc..

Has anyone else realized this? Are we in a state of dementia in our withdrawals? I would submit that we are..

There are a lot of benzo withdrawal symptoms that aren’t found in dementia patients though.  If you take any mental illness or neurological condition and compare it to another, probably 50% or more of the symptoms are the same. 

Traumatic brain injury also has many similar symptoms.  The brain is the brain, so if it is a brain related problem, symptoms will be similar.

My daughter told me (after I was better) that she thought for awhile I had early onset dementia.  Later, when I was the only one in the family who could help a grandchild with mixed fractions, she decided I was probably okay.

:laugh: