Sleep Restored if you Taper extremely slow?

[Wh...]

Hi everyone.  I'm at 6 mg and am a wreck because of no sleep. My doctor has agreed to up my dose to 8mg to see if I can stabilize. She's then going to let me determine how slow I go with my taper. I'm wondering if I go slowly enough, if I can both restore my sleep and avoid developing insomnia again. I know it's different for everyone, but wondering what your experiences have been.

Thanks so much

It is not possible to predict if your sleep will be restored by a slower taper.  Insomnia is a very common symptom.  Some symptoms we just have to accept.  An up-dose is no promise of feeling better.  But I hope you do.

I've read about a few people that had relatively "mild" symptoms because of a long slow tapers but also read about those that still had a severe WD experience even after a long slow taper.

Each recovery and healing experience is unique to the individual.  No two really play out the same.  The only way you'll know is when it comes.  There's no way to predict how severe or mild your WD may be or how long it will last.

That's the million dollar question that no one can answer with any type of accuracy.

However, WD is temporary.  It doesn't last forever, although it sure feels like it could.

You'll get there. Time is the healer.