3 nights of no sleep

[Sh...]

Awww, I'm sorry.

Know exactly how it feels. I was always the 3 day girl.

Bet 100 bucks you crash out tonight for a bit.

Hoping for it tonight for you!!!!

Awww, I'm sorry.

Know exactly how it feels. I was always the 3 day girl.

Bet 100 bucks you crash out tonight for a bit.

Hoping for it tonight for you!!!!

sB how did u cope with those stretches? I cannot stop crying. Did u work? How long did it last again? It helps to hear ur stories x Thanku x

Didn't cope, just survived it really.

And no I absolutely could not work, but that had more to do with the fact that I couldn't use my arms and legs. I was fortunate that the job I have is from home and my hubby picked up the slack and we had some help. I couldn't function at all.

But I do remember that even when I was awake all night for like 2 days....and it makes your days seem to last an ETERNITY, but even then, I was oddly awake! Like, in horrible pain, but awake and if I could have walked around I think I would have.

I think that's how some people are able to go to work and stuff even through the insomnia, because we are so wired.

It is sooooooo brutal, I'm so sorry!

Can you do any other things like tea? Or melatonin? Or benedryl? CBD?

I truly do think you will get some sleep tonight. I spent MANY nights just laying there for a few hours, sometimes would try and read, sometimes watch a show on phone with no sound, like yes to the dress(mindless), then lay there for more hours, then eat snacks as my body was eating up all my calories, then lay there a few more hours.....and I think sometimes I must have gotten micro sleeps, it's the only thing that makes sense I think!

I started sleeping for 1 hour straight a few nights, then that gradually grew to sleeping but waking every hour, then every 2, then waking every there. It was such a weird pattern, but it really did do that!! Till I started reaching 5 hour stretches....like a freaking newborn baby or something, so weird.

The initial 1 hour , and then wake every hour pattern started around 4 months off, then just grew from there.

And just so ya know, my insomnia started while still on the benzos months before, so I didn't just have it for 4 months. It just started improving around 4 months off.

Best wishes for some sleep!! :smitten:

Thanks so much SB. I was doing so well. I got 26 hours last week.I thought I was getting there. I don’t feel sleepy at all which is so frightening. That’s what scares me the most, the less I sleep the more awake I feel. I’ve tried everything. I had half a unisom last night it did nothing. I also had melatonin.

My insomnia started while I was taking sleepers too so I’ve had this for 2 years. Only difference is the last month or so all other sxs dropped off and it was just the insomnia. Now I feel like I’m starting all over again. It’s horrific.

I feel like I’m full of adrenaline it’s making me feel so sick x

Hi Shayna,

We have just had a full moon which could have been the cause of your insomnia.  It affects me and many others I have spoken to.  Hang in there.

Hi Shayna

How's it going?  I know it's so tough.  You will sleep, though.  It can be one of the harder wd symptoms to beat.

I take amino acids at night.  My NP gave me one she makes called PM Amino.  It helps me sleep.  Melatonin only works if you have L- tryptophan to initiate the melatonin.  If your system is out of L-Tryptophan, the melatonin is useless.  Also, there is a more natural melatonin found in tart cherry juice.  A small shot glass size drink of this with 1.5 mgs of melatonin drops is more effective than just melatonin alone.  Not sure what size dose of melatonin you took, but any more than 1.5 mgs is too much and backfires.  Less is more effective.   

Hi Shayna,

We have just had a full moon which could have been the cause of your insomnia.  It affects me and many others I have spoken to.  Hang in there.

You could be right ceejay xx thanks so much for ur reply x happy new year and I hope u are doing well  :smitten:

Hi Shayna

How's it going?  I know it's so tough.  You will sleep, though.  It can be one of the harder wd symptoms to beat.

I take amino acids at night.  My NP gave me one she makes called PM Amino.  It helps me sleep.  Melatonin only works if you have L- tryptophan to initiate the melatonin.  If your system is out of L-Tryptophan, the melatonin is useless.  Also, there is a more natural melatonin found in tart cherry juice.  A small shot glass size drink of this with 1.5 mgs of melatonin drops is more effective than just melatonin alone.  Not sure what size dose of melatonin you took, but any more than 1.5 mgs is too much and backfires.  Less is more effective. 

Hi healing thanks for ur reply xx I’m ok. I had some sleep last night it took a long time to fall asleep and I woke up a lot but I got some x I feel very flat today but that’s to be expected.

I took 3mg. Maybe I’ll take some out of capsule and try that. I’ve tried tart cherry but I’ll give it another go. How much tryptophan do U take healing?

I’m in the same boat. I am month 9 post jump and basically since June I’ve been in a vicious cycle of insomnia. Like 10 days of little to no sleep followed by a week of relatively good sleep. I stopped taking any sleep aides in August except for melatonin. I was on a six week streak of good sleep until about 7 nights ago. I have gone between 2 and 5 hours except last night when I got 0 hours. I broke down at midnight and took two Benadryl which did nothing so today I can barely move. It’s horrible. I makes me feel hungover so I eat crap food and I can’t exercise or help my family. I feel useless and scared. I am grateful I had such a long window but when will it return? I’m terrified to go to bed tonight.

I’m so sorry that you are dealing with this too. It’s horrible and unfair. I will be thinking of you tonight and wishing you a peaceful rest.

I that cherry juice works let me know!

Unfortunately sleep usually comes back in fits and starts.  I was doing a lot better with sleep from month 12-18 off and then got slammed with a 29 day long insomnia wave that included a bunch of zero nights or nights of no perceived sleep and many 1 or 2 hour nights.  It took over 3 months to finally even out.  I was freaking out and thought I was back in acute again.

Then I learned others experienced the same sort of "late" wave or insomnia issues. 

Hang in there.  Eventually it will even out for good.

Unfortunately sleep usually comes back in fits and starts.  I was doing a lot better with sleep from month 12-18 off and then got slammed with a 29 day long insomnia wave that included a bunch of zero nights or nights of no perceived sleep and many 1 or 2 hour nights.  It took over 3 months to finally even out.  I was freaking out and thought I was back in acute again.

Then I learned others experienced the same sort of "late" wave or insomnia issues. 

Hang in there.  Eventually it will even out for good.

The way did anything trigger ur late wave? I had one drink on Xmas day and I think it may be what’s caused this. I’m so angry with myself but just was wanting to be free for just 1 day. Not worth it

Nothing really triggered it that I was aware of.  In fact, the night before I had a really good sleep.  Then the next night I got about 4 hours, followed by 3 and then 1 and then a zero night and then maybe 3 hours and it went on like that for 29 days...then it slowly got better over the next 3 months....I didn't have any more zero nights or 1 or 2 hour nights after the first 29 days.  I think the worst I had was 3 or 4 hours after that?

I was super afraid to even try one glass of wine or even a beer.  A good Buddy, Siggy, had 2 really rough experiences drinking that caused him major setbacks both times.

Plus alcohol works on GABA receptors just like Benzos.  This isn't a shame on you speech, but maybe avoid alcohol completely until you are healed.

I am 4 years 5 months off today and I can have a beer or glass of wine without any issues now.

Wow so just a random set back. U must’ve been so afraid after things going back to normal.

I don’t even care about alcohol. I didn’t even enjoy it. I really don’t know why I did it and regret it so much. I have had a drink here and there without any issues but maybe all that healing I had in place unraveled because of it. I don’t plan on drinking again. I wish I could go back and not do it.

But there are other factors involved too like eating a truckload of cheese (I haven’t eaten cheese in 7 years was vegan up to 2 hrs ago) and heaps of sugar (again I don’t eat sugar generally) and hormonal stuff so maybe a combo of things brought this on.

I’m glad u can enjoy one now with no issue. I think I’ll be too scared forever now. I spoke to siggy about his setback and that is just unbelievable. 7.5 months was one of his setbacks. So unfair

Sugar can really cause problems for many in WD.  I knew some people on this forum that said if they ate any sugar, they would almost be guaranteed a zero night.

Most cheese has carbs that get converted into sugar, so maybe the cheese had something to do with it too?

I used to try and connect the dots with what I ate and how I slept.  It became maddening as it had no rhyme or reason.  I was super afraid to eat a lot of food so I tried to stick to a "super clean" diet. 

I am pretty confident that specific food types can jack up your symptoms and mess with your sleep.  But some foods that mess with me might be OK for you and vice versa? 

Well I are clean yesterday and got 30 minutes sleep. I am really struggling now

I don’t know how much more I can take. I tried calling benzo councilor and they’re closed. It’s so hard not having anyone to talk to about this.

I eat sugar and carbs all the time and it doesn't affect my sleep one bit.  In fact it helps me sleep.  Sorry Shayna for your insomnia.

I feel your pain, I’ve barely slept since stopping Zopiclone, I think it basically is a Benzo as it acts on the same receptors. Some people are lucky and never develop tolerance and I envy them. At the moment I’ll randomly have an ok night where I get 3-4 hours, then I’ll have another 3 nights of nothing. So I get my hopes up that it’s improving and then it’s back to feeling wretched and nothing. So frustrating, makes me doubt I’ll ever sleep properly again. When I do sleep it’s rubbish light sleep too so I wake up feeling rubbish. Without the encouragement of people who have gone through this misery on here I don’t know what I’d do. Keep going. You are a ship in a storm.

Well I are clean yesterday and got 30 minutes sleep. I am really struggling now

I don’t know how much more I can take. I tried calling benzo councilor and they’re closed. It’s so hard not having anyone to talk to about this.

Did your sleep get worse since dropping the Valium dose, maybe it's related to that as you were doing really well. Have you started any different supplements, got any other stresses to deal with?

• 1 month later...

Did you finally get sleep?

You might want to take a low dose of Remron just for a couple nights to break the cycle and then stop.

I had to do this and it worked - did it for a week. Its like something was broken in my brain and it helped snap me out of it.