Effects of Long-term Benzo use

[Wh...]

Hi Everyone. During my 10 year use of Benzos (I'm currently tapering off), I developed a lot of health problems, two of which are autoimmune diseases. I also used antidepressants for about 20 years. I'm wondering if many of you out there have experienced the same. When I think about my healthy friends, none of them have ever used Benzos or antidepressants. One exception, is the ACEs study which suggests childhood trauma leads to health issues later in life. I did suffer trauma as a child,  but I am becoming more convinced that these medications are a major factor. I'm preparing to go to an alternative doctor because none of my regular doctors can help me with my health issues. I can't afford to see her, but I'm desperately needing help. I'm starting to wonder if some of these health issues will clear up after I finally get off of these drugs. This article sparked this thought, but it's very vague. I need to do research. Would love to know your thoughts. Thanks so much.

https://www.benzoinfo.com/2018/04/28/how-benzodiazepines-mimic-chronic-illness-and-what-to-do-about-it/

I also had a PTSD and was polydrugged. For my PTSD the most healing ting to do was a behavioral trauma therapy - without sedating meds.

On meds I was not myself, I could not react the body and mind need to react on a trauma, it was so unhealthy for body and mind. I am now free of all post traumatic symptoms, and free of depression, anxiety and all the other symptoms for which I was given these meds. I will not need them any more, never ever. Since I have learned a lot about the body and biochemistry these meds do more harm then help - but I can only say thats my opinion. You will find your personal way. But for many of us, several diseases (I developed an autoimmune disorder as well which is now completely healed) have vanished. But it is a lot of work and suffering to finally be med free and give the body enough time and all it needs to recover.