Is Motrin safe? It works well for me.

[Mi...]

One of my withdrawal symptoms is severe headaches that I get a couple times a month. I try to lay down, nap, relax etc. If that does not work I take one regular Motrin.

It works well every time, and I have no side effects from it. I only take about 2 Motrins total a month, and I have been doing this all throughout my 19 months of withdrawal when I have headaches that won't go away since my last Ativan.

Since I am a paranoid withdrawal person and I question everything, I feel that Motrin almost works "too well". I try not to use it too much because I don't want my "go to" for relief from headaches to ever stop working. Isn't that crazy?

Since Motrin is a non steroidal anti-inflammatory it makes me wonder if any part of withdrawal causes inflammation. Idk.

Any input on Motrin?

[84...]

Motrin's just ibuprofen (same as Advil).  I took 600 mg ibuprofen pretty much daily during my recovery - usually in the morning for headaches.  I don't believe it adversely affected my healing, and it most definitely helped with the pain.  Interestingly, it was good with some types of headaches, but it did very little for the tight headband feeling.

Some people are leery of NSAIDs.  Perhaps they've had poorer experiences than I've had??  Perhaps somebody will chime in with a different experience.  I'm glad it seems to be working for you when you need it.