Got off 2mg of klonopin, you can do it !!!!

[Au...]

Hello everyone !

I wanted to help inspire anyone who may be struggling, thinking it can’t be done, it’s just to overwhelming...the withdrawal is a nightmare...I’ll be stuck on this forever. I thought all the same things. For a long time.

I was put on 2mg if klonopin when I was 21. At 33 I knew I wanted to have children and klonopin is a class d drug. I was motivated to get off completely. I started a klonopin taper journal on my phone, and started cutting my dose. The first cut was a nightmare. What have I gotten myself into?? I can’t do this!!! And I took out a pretty small nibble. But still- sweating, extreme agitation, shaking, hot, sad, extra intense anxiety, couldn’t sleep for a week, internal pressure....felt like my skin was to small for me. I would wait till I felt relatively normal again before going lower. It varied on each step down. Sometimes It took a week or so to feel like I could proceed, and sometimes 3 weeks or more. I was consistent in how much I lowered the dose each time. I journaled how I felt, kept track of all my amounts and steps down. It was hell each and every time. And then it would pass. Which kept me motivated...it was temporary! I could do this!

I got lower and lower and lower. Till I had about 0.6 left (half of a half of a half of a half)

And then I made the final step, to nothing. I listened to my body and how I felt. It took me about 6-7 months. I took a month break because I was mentally spent and had lots of family events coming up. But then got back on track.

Nothing about this was easy. The withdraw was intense. I was so focused on my goal of one day having a child, that it really helped me push through those tough times. It took me about a month to feel normal again. When I finally got off it, I was haunted by interrupted sleep and all the super fun withdrawal symptoms. But it all passed.

I truly thought I would never get off this stuff. I wasn't convinced it was possible. I’m so thankful and grateful that it is entirely possible !!!! Sometimes I still cant even believe I did it.

For anyone who is struggling please know- I know how much hell this is...but there is absolutely a light at the end of the tunnel. There is a way out waiting for you. Believe this, you can be free. 💕💕💕

Much love,

Aurelia 

Wonderful story x Thanku for coming here snd sharing that positivity x so import for those of us still struggling. I wish u so much happiness and hope u get that little bundle of joy u fought so hard for  :smitten:

Wow, I am almost 22 months and I feel good but I do have a bad day usually because of poor sleep.

You nailed it when you said you need "pay attention to your body..." that is huge!!!! I learned that too but when you are in the middle of the battle its hard to realize that sometimes....

Your story gives those behind us HOPE....so important because without HOPE what do we have....

Wishes for your continued healing. And please come back and let us know when you get the baby!!!! Mine will be 20 next month...I would give anything to have those baby and toddler days back....

Ron