I got the covid vaccine

[Je...]

Hello all. I just wanted to stop by and share my experience in case it helps anyone here. I got the covid vaccine yesterday at 8 AM, so almost 30 hours ago. First of all, I do not regret getting it. I work in the medical field and come face to face with covid patients almost daily. It has been over 10 months since my last klonopin.

The arm pain is real but not unbearable. Tetanus shots are definitely worse. I was super tired all day yesterday, fatigue is listed as a normal side effect. I’m having some intermittent pains in my head that come and go, but again, it’s bearable. The worst of it is there has been some anxiety since I got it. I woke up in the middle of the night with my heart racing and it still is, but again, this is nothing I haven’t been through before in withdrawals. And honestly, that’s it. Seems pretty run of the mill for any vaccine. I walked into it terrified, but knew that I wanted it. I respect everyone’s decision as to whether they want to get it or not and by no means am I trying to sway anyone’s decision. I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone is thinking about it. Y’all take care!

Thank you for sharing this. Could you tell us which vaccine you were given? (Brand/Product)

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Ta...]

• [or...]

• [Ma...]

Here’s one CDC link that explains how DNA is not affected. There are many more.  It’s important that we correct erroneous information.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

Excerpt:

Facts about COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines

They cannot give someone COVID-19.

mRNA vaccines do not use the live virus that causes COVID-19.

They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.

mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.

The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

KathyM, this is simply false.

a brand new rMRNa vaccine, that has a potential of interfering with one's DNA,

When quoting something like this as gospel (as you did) you really need to supply a reference. (A video on Facebook? Nope). "Opinions" like you now hold, are how disinformation is spread. And you're a nurse? Wow. I think you have a responsibility to get things right. Look them up if you're in doubt and don't just parrot what you've seen on Facebook.  It's fine if you've persuaded yourself that because you're in withdrawal, you don't want to get the vaccine . . . but just leave it at that. Your choice. 

:nono:

Katz

What I meant is:

Was it the product from Pfizer/biontech (made in Germany) or the product made in Russia or the brand called Moderna..

It is interesting for me to get more insight about the side effects of the different products..

What I meant is:

Was it the product from Pfizer/biontech (made in Germany) or the product made in Russia or the brand called Moderna..

It is interesting for me to get more insight about the side effects of the different products..

Astra Zeneca was made at 0xford University, outside London.  And that would be great information to have.  So many of them will be alike though , not sure you would find anything new.  I am interested in what difference UK giving out that one dose to whole country, and then going back to do the second does.  Moderna was made here in US.  I haven't heard of Russia's. 

Hope you are doing well Marigold and have a happy healthy New Year!!  Mary  :smitten:

Here’s one CDC link that explains how DNA is not affected. There are many more.  It’s important that we correct erroneous information.

Excerpt:

mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.

The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

I am with Challis...if you've ever studied any biology you would understand how mRNA works. Not to be unkind, but ppl should be more careful talking about things they do not understand.

What I meant is:

Astra Zeneca was made at 0xford University, outside London.  And that would be great information to have.  So many of them will be alike though , not sure you would find anything new.  I am interested in what difference UK giving out that one dose to whole country, and then going back to do the second does.  Moderna was made here in US.  I haven't heard of Russia's. 

Hope you are doing well Marigold and have a happy healthy New Year!!  Mary  :smitten:

Thank you Mary, good new year for you, too :smitten:

I am allergic to PEG which is an ingredient in the product made by Pfizer/biontech. Thats why I am interested how the other vaccines are made and which reactions occur.

What I meant is:

Thank you Mary, good new year for you, too :smitten:

I am allergic to PEG which is an ingredient in the product made by Pfizer/biontech. Thats why I am interested how the other vaccines are made and which reactions occur.

I hope you find at least one you can take!  And more are on the way, my fingers are crossed!

Marigold:

You could probably take the AstraZeneca one as it does not seem to contain PEG (polyethylene glycol) as an ingredient.

Rest of BB: please be aware the astra zeneca vaccine does contain magnesium chloride which might be a problem in how magnesium affects some of us in recovery.

Also it is not based on the science of using mRNA as is in the pfizer/moderna one. IMO the mRNA is brilliant from a scientific standpoint.

Here is the nih link for it:

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=1f0531bd-4e0a-4246-8c1e-11fc5658e950

Excerpt:

I am with Challis...if you've ever studied any biology you would understand how mRNA works. Not to be unkind, but ppl should be more careful talking about things they do not understand.

Well you can certainly find fault with my words, Im not too sharp right now with my setback and due to my retrograde amnesia I do not remember half of what I studied in nursing school, but i think  you'll have to agree that this vaccine is not studied enough and nobody knows about its long term effects for somebody in withdrawal to rush to take it? Anyways I don't want to argue here with a whole group of very smart and educated people, we all have to make up our own minds about this decision. Im just going to go on the side of caution right now. Oh and i treated Covid very successfully with ozone therapy with UBVI, it turned around after just one session, so Im hoping there's some hope for those of us who can't take any medications after all.

Jeniferrr, 

So glad you're feeling back to your normal self after the Covid vaccine. Thank you for taking the time to keep us posted.

Stay safe. Many prayers to you, and for all of the Frontliners, those who work in Healthcare environments & those who work in the public.

KathyM,

I have removed the link you provided, we don't allow conspiracy theories or misinformation concerning Covid on the forum.  Dr Larry Palevsky advises his patients not get the measles vaccine, he's an anti-vaxer and he's dangerous.

Pamster

He also appears to be a Qanon conspiracy theorist (his Matrix 'red pill blue pill' profile pic).

Marigold:

You could probably take the AstraZeneca one as it does not seem to contain PEG (polyethylene glycol) as an ingredient.

Rest of BB: please be aware the astra zeneca vaccine does contain magnesium chloride which might be a problem in how magnesium affects some of us in recovery.

Also it is not based on the science of using mRNA as is in the pfizer/moderna one. IMO the mRNA is brilliant from a scientific standpoint.

Here is the nih link for it:

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=1f0531bd-4e0a-4246-8c1e-11fc5658e950

Could we maybe list all ingredients of all vaccine types out there? I have seen you have posted somewhere the ingredients of the Pfizer vaccine, but PEG was not in the list. I do now know where to find all ingredients. It also depends on the amount of an ingredient and the fact that it is injected, not swallowed (referring to the possible allergic reaction to Magnesium for example).

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE?

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine includes the following ingredients: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG], cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine, tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.

Sources are US FDA COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheets for Recipients and Caregivers at:

https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download (Pfizer-BioNTech)

https://www.fda.gov/media/144638/download (Moderna)

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE?

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine includes the following ingredients: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG], cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine, tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.

Sources are US FDA COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheets for Recipients and Caregivers at:

https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download (Pfizer-BioNTech)

https://www.fda.gov/media/144638/download (Moderna)

Libertas, thank you so much!!

This seems like a good place for my first post. I haven't created a signature yet, but I CTd from 20 years of Klonopin and other benzos in Aug 2016. I'm about 80% recovered, but still have waves that send me back to acute.

I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Dec 20th, I'll get my 2nd dose in 5 days. I had a return of some acute symptoms after the first dose, bladder pain and urgency in particular, but they're almost all gone now. Also, the bladder symptoms started 30 min after the shot, so it could've been a coincidence. Other lingering protracted symptoms like shoulder/neck pain, got worse for a day or two, but are better now than they were before the shot. Less pain than I've had in years.

I'll update after the 2nd dose, but I'm happy I decided to get the vaccine.

Has anyone taken the COVID-19 vaccine? I’m scheduled to get mine tomorrow. I’m a healthy, active 72 year old and have been off of benzos for 1 year and 11 days. I still have waves occasionally, but they don’t last long and are much less intense. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sandy

Here is a link to a thread about people getting the vaccine.  I too am scheduled to get my first dose of the Moderna vaccine tomorrow.  I am in your same age group.  I will report back my experience on the above linked thread.  Maybe you could do do the same.  The more actual experiences relayed the better.  Good luck!

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=250119.0;topicseen

XX

She

I am sure many are watching this thread, I would like to know if anyone currently in withdrawal has had the vaccination and how they are doing.  Thank you for keeping us informed.

Here is a link to a thread about people getting the vaccine.  I too am scheduled to get my first dose of the Moderna vaccine tomorrow.  I am in your same age group.  I will report back my experience on the above linked thread.  Maybe you could do do the same.  The more actual experiences relayed the better.  Good luck!

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=250119.0;topicseen

XX

She

When will you get the second shot? I am really not happy that in some countries they give the second shot after 3 months instead of 3 weeks. I mean, come on, read the leaflet and don't mess with the health of the people :crazy:

I keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hi Marigold!  I will get the second shot 4 weeks after the first one.  That's the recommended spacing with the Moderna vaccine.  I already have appointments for both.  I truly want the vaccines to be available and administered correctly to everyone worldwide who chooses/needs to have it.  I know some groups, like this one, have reservations and the decision might not be easy.  I have no reservations, but I am 5 years post and healed.  For me personally, I would get it even if still symptomatic.  Good luck with whatever decision everyone makes.

XX

She

Hi Marigold!  I will get the second shot 4 weeks after the first one.  That's the recommended spacing with the Moderna vaccine.  I already have appointments for both.  I truly want the vaccines to be available and administered correctly to everyone worldwide who chooses/needs to have it.  I know some groups, like this one, have reservations and the decision might not be easy.  I have no reservations, but I am 5 years post and healed.  For me personally, I would get it even if still symptomatic.  Good luck with whatever decision everyone makes.

XX

She

oh that is a relief. Then you will get the vaccine the way it was tested in the studies, that is the way I would like to get it as well.

:smitten:

Hello everyone ,

I am updating. I am 4 months off klonipin. I got the Moderna vaccine 12/31. It’s been about one week. I was ok for about 2-3 days- sore arm, fatigue. Then day 4 I had a wave set in.

My heart rate was up, felt dizzy for about 24 hrs. Lots of salt and water helped. It slowly is better over the past couple days, the worst was for less than 24 hrs. My anxiety has also kicked up especially at night. I have slept less as a result but overall I’m still happy I got the vaccine as I would much rather have this set back than actually get Covid.

I am aware that my symptoms will worsen with the next dose. I will have to prepare myself for this. I will keep everyone posted.