Author Topic: I got the covid vaccine  (Read 38065 times)

[Buddie]

Re: I got the covid vaccine
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 02:04:23 pm »
Hi [...],  thank you so much for sharing your experience, Im very glad you are feeling ok after covid vaccine.  It's very important for us to know people's experiences and be able to make up our mind about what to do. I've been very hesitant about getting any vaccines and have been watching a lot of things to educate myself about covid vaccine. I just came across this video on FB that I think some people might want to watch before considering this vaccination, especially being in benzo [...]. Its very controversial but I think as people who have been hurt by allopathic medicine already, we need to be extra cautious  before we put anything into our bodies. So i just wanted to share this for information purposes, FB is not the greatest source of information but you can still find some useful things on there) I'm sure most people would have no issues with this vaccine too but im currently in a severe antibiotics setback from azithromycin, it's been 8 months and unfortunately Im nowhere near close to being done so I have to weigh all pros and cons.

[...],

I have removed the link you provided, we don't allow conspiracy theories or misinformation concerning Covid on the forum.  Dr Larry Palevsky advises his patients not get the measles vaccine, he's an anti-vaxer and he's dangerous.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2021, 02:54:12 pm »
[...], I fully appreciate your concerns as I have had plenary of setbacks due to antibiotics and lots of other things. I too am terrified of anything new entering my body. I have done lots of research on my own. But I do agree with [...], be careful of what you watch on Facebook, especially with anti vaxxers. They are misinformed and can be dangerous. I do encourage everyone to do research on their own but please make sure it is legitimate sources. I am now 5 days past my initial dose of the covid vaccine and I feel back to my normal self. Arm pain and fatigue have been gone for two days. I know I am lucky that I had minimal effects and plan on posting again after my second dose of the vaccine. Iíve heard that one will be rougher but Iím still moving forward with it as Iíve seen too many patients with long term effects from covid so for me personally, Iím having to weigh out the risks and benefits. And for me, I can take a few bad days vs getting this virus. But I do understand the people that arenít willing to get it. I do wish you the best
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2021, 05:38:46 pm »
Its ok that you've removed the link, I really don't know who this doctor is, but I thought he provided a few valid and good points about how one needs to be careful with Covid vaccine.
[...], I [...] I didn't make you feel bad about getting your vaccine, it sounds like you are a frontliner and you really need it, in your case benefits definitely outweigh any risks, the link was more for those people like myself who are either in the thick of withdrawal, unable to work, in a setback from just another drug( antibiotic in my case) so sensitive to everything they can't tolerate aspirin let alone a new unknown vaccine. I really [...] you do well with the second vaccine also, and like most people who do just fine with the flu shot and other shots will be ok after. I'm definitely not an anti-vaxer myself, I happen to be a nurse too, and I just recovered from covid ( it took 3 weeks, 5 sessions of IV vitamin infusions and one session of ozone therapy and UBVI) so unfortunately I know first hand how dangerous covid is, I really didn't think I wasn't going to make it but thank God I did..So I just think people who are in the thick of withdrawal need to be extra careful with anything they put in their bodies, and shouldn't be the first ones to get this vaccine before lots of other people go out and get it and we know what side effects it could possibly have.
And our dear administrators, I really admire you for all the hard work you do to help our benzo community, and I always thought that you do a wonderful job at it, but honestly I don't quite understand your pro-vaccine stance in this case. I mean this is a brand new rMRNa vaccine, that has a potential of interfering with one's DNA, and it's definitely not well studied enough for somebody who is in withdrawal to rush to get this vaccine. Sorry if I'm wrong but I almost get a sense from reading a few posts about this vaccine now that you are telling people it's ok and to go ahead with it, maybe I got the wrong impression. We've just already been harmed by other things that big Pharma came out with that we thought were absolutely safe too before, and here we are .. almost 3 years later in my case still suffering very badly.. I mean Pfizer is big Pharma, they are the original producers of Zoloft if  I'm not mistaken aren't they? Anyways, sorry I didn't mean to start an argument, I'm just really sick and probably won't be the first one to go get a vaccine is what I'm trying to say..

Edit/bold font by [...]:
DNA is not affected.  Please read this from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 11:51:13 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2021, 06:23:35 pm »
Following

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2021, 06:34:54 pm »
Following

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2021, 09:16:08 pm »
Hello all. I just wanted to stop by and share my experience in case it helps anyone here. I got the covid vaccine yesterday at 8 AM, so almost 30 hours ago. First of all, I do not regret getting it. I work in the medical field and come face to face with covid patients almost daily. It has been over 10 months since my last klonopin.
The arm pain is real but not unbearable. Tetanus shots are definitely worse. I was super tired all day yesterday, fatigue is listed as a normal side effect. Iím having some intermittent pains in my head that come and go, but again, itís bearable. The worst of it is there has been some anxiety since I got it. I woke up in the middle of the [...] with my heart racing and it still is, but again, this is nothing I havenít been through before in withdrawals. And honestly, thatís it. Seems pretty run of the mill for any vaccine. I walked into it terrified, but knew that I wanted it. I respect everyoneís decision as to whether they want to get it or not and by no means am I trying to sway anyoneís decision. I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone is thinking about it. Yíall take care!

Thank you for sharing this. Could you tell us which vaccine you were given? (Brand/Product)

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2021, 09:46:28 pm »
Hereís one CDC link that explains how DNA is not affected. There are many more.  Itís important that we correct erroneous information.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

Excerpt:

Facts about COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines
They cannot give someone COVID-19.

mRNA vaccines do not use the live virus that causes COVID-19.
They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.

mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2021, 10:02:06 pm »
[...], this is simply false.

a brand new rMRNa vaccine, that has a potential of interfering with one's DNA,

When quoting something like this as gospel (as you did) you really need to supply a reference. (A video on Facebook? Nope). "Opinions" like you now hold, are how disinformation is spread. And you're a nurse? Wow. I think you have a responsibility to get things right. Look them up if you're in doubt and don't just parrot what you've seen on Facebook.  It's fine if you've persuaded yourself that because you're in withdrawal, you don't want to get the vaccine . . . but just leave it at that. Your choice. 

:nono:

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2021, 10:26:56 pm »
What I meant is:

Was it the product from Pfizer/biontech (made in Germany) or the product made in Russia or the brand called Moderna..

It is interesting for me to get more insight about the side effects of the different products..

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2021, 10:43:39 pm »
What I meant is:

Was it the product from Pfizer/biontech (made in Germany) or the product made in Russia or the brand called Moderna..

It is interesting for me to get more insight about the side effects of the different products..

Astra Zeneca was made at 0xford University, outside London.  And that would be great information to have.  So many of them will be alike though , not sure you would find anything new.  I am interested in what difference UK giving out that one dose to whole country, and then going back to do the second does.   Moderna was made here in US.   I haven't heard of Russia's.   
[...] you are doing well Marigold and have a happy healthy New Year!!  [...]  :smitten: