Author Topic: I got the covid vaccine  (Read 38063 times)

[Buddie]

I got the covid vaccine
« on: December 29, 2020, 07:34:33 pm »
Hello all. I just wanted to stop by and share my experience in case it helps anyone here. I got the covid vaccine yesterday at 8 AM, so almost 30 hours ago. First of all, I do not regret getting it. I work in the medical field and come face to face with covid patients almost daily. It has been over 10 months since my last klonopin.
The arm pain is real but not unbearable. Tetanus shots are definitely worse. I was super tired all day yesterday, fatigue is listed as a normal side effect. Iím having some intermittent pains in my head that come and go, but again, itís bearable. The worst of it is there has been some anxiety since I got it. I woke up in the middle of the [...] with my heart racing and it still is, but again, this is nothing I havenít been through before in withdrawals. And honestly, thatís it. Seems pretty run of the mill for any vaccine. I walked into it terrified, but knew that I wanted it. I respect everyoneís decision as to whether they want to get it or not and by no means am I trying to sway anyoneís decision. I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone is thinking about it. Yíall take care!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: I got the covid vaccine
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 07:46:18 pm »
I am so happy for you and thank you for posting! My mom volunteers in a hospital and got it last Thursday. [...] isnít recovering from benzos, but said her symptoms were mild too. Headache and soreness at the injection site.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 08:18:29 pm »
Thanks for sharing your experience [...], we have many members who are hesitant so your reassurance will go a long way. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 02:10:43 am »
Thank you for this information! I get mine Thursday. I look forward it !

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 02:46:28 am »
Glad to hear frontline workers are getting vaccinated. My daughter got hers last week with no side effects...which is good because [...] had a 12 hour shift at the hospital that [...]. Second shot on January 12.   :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 03:34:26 am »
Hi [...], thanks for sharing your vaccination experience. I can handle that!
I'm getting mine as soon as I am allowed.
NG

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 10:56:22 am »
Thank you for sharing Jenniferr. As soon as it's available for sale to younger populations (52 here), I think I'll get it. I must confess I'm scared of a vaccine that has been tested for such a short period, but I'm even more scared of Covid19 disease as I've seen very severe cases of people my age and younger. I'll follow this thread in case more people decide to share their experiences with the vaccines.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 11:35:12 am »
Thank you for posting this!  I know this is something I am struggling with.  Just after starting benzodiazepine I needed multiple tests in the hospital. I am allergic to contrast and was given a high dose of Benadryl and immediately went into tachycardia.  The next round I was given prednisone and again tachycardia followed by depressed breathing for two weeks.  I am so worried about another adverse reaction that I have been waiting this out. 

With that said, I do know how important the vaccine is, so I plan to have it when it becomes available.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 11:48:43 am »
Bless you for sharing this [...], so good to hear you did well with it!   :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 01:28:57 pm »
Thank you all for replying. I guess I should have gone a [...] more in depth. Since my benzo journey, I went from a person who had no trouble with any medication, to someone who is now allergic to penicillin, sulfa, and cipro. I have had countless adverse reactions to others, including tachycardia to prednisone and other steroids. I am terrified of taking anything new, but I knew for me this vaccine needed to happen. It scared me because it is new, but I did a lot of reading up on it and talked to a couple of the doctors I work with. Even though the vaccine is new, the technology has been around for over 10 years, mainly used in cancer patients to help shrink tumors. This is just the first opportunity that has arisen for it to be used in a vaccine. They were also working on a vaccine for SARS Covid-1 years ago when the SARS outbreak occurred, so they did have a good foundation to start with, it wasnít exactly from square 1. Itís now been almost 48 hours. My arm pain is already gone. I did wake up tired this morning and with a mild dull headache but nothing that a nap wonít fix later. Several other that I know that had theirs more than a week ago mostly said by day 3 all side effect symptoms were gone so I am looking forward to tomorrow to see how it goes. Thank you all again, please believe I am with you all when it comes to fear of the vaccine. But Iím also one of the ones that had been up close and personal with covid patients and seen the effects of not just how the virus has worked on them but also what the families are going through. Getting the vaccine is a personal decision and I will respect them all, but keep in mind the risks/benefits. We will all get through this