6 years benzo free!

[co...]

Hello all! I am 6 years benzo free. I almost forgot to check in. I rarely think of this site anymore but I owe so much to this site and the good people here. So I thought I'd stop by and give encouragement and answer questions if anyone wants to talk.

I am 99.9% symptom free. I still have a very slight tinnitus. It doesn't bother me and I only notice it if I happen to think about it. Read through my posts. I had every horrible symptom under the sun for a few years. I thought I would suffer permanent damage but it's all gone and things are better than ever. I would be happy to chat with anyone and offer hope and encouragement. You can reply to this post or message me. I'll be sure to answer.

Hi confused1, thanks for popping in to offer encouragement, I'm glad to hear the tinnitus is almost gone, that seems to be one of the last symptoms to leave. 

Thank you so much for popping in to post your message of recovery. Thank you! You know from what you've been through, what an important message it is to hear, from those of us who follow in your path. Thank you, and all the very best. Sarah, nz

Unbelievable that only four months use of of a benzo took you on such a long journey through BWD!  Now you are on the other side and can enjoy a life so much better than before benzos.  Congratulations!

Hello all! I am 6 years benzo free. I almost forgot to check in. I rarely think of this site anymore but I owe so much to this site and the good people here. So I thought I'd stop by and give encouragement and answer questions if anyone wants to talk.

I am 99.9% symptom free. I still have a very slight tinnitus. It doesn't bother me and I only notice it if I happen to think about it. Read through my posts. I had every horrible symptom under the sun for a few years. I thought I would suffer permanent damage but it's all gone and things are better than ever. I would be happy to chat with anyone and offer hope and encouragement. You can reply to this post or message me. I'll be sure to answer.

Thanks for the update and so glad to hear you’re doing well! How long did it take you to heal? I took benzo’s for only two months! And here I am ...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update and so glad to hear you’re doing well! How long did it take you to heal? I took benzo’s for only two months! And here I am ...

Sorry to hear that! I would say it took me almost 3 years to feel close to normal. I don't want to scare anyone and  we're all unique. I hope your journey is shorter!

And a big thank you to all the will wishers! I hope for the best for all of you!