Tapering Metoprolol

[Pa...]

So, I am sure that soon my cardiologist is going to tell me that I can come off of the metoprolol. Right now I am currently taking 12.5mg twice a day. My heart rate seems to be doing perfectly fine now. He told me, when I can come off I should go down to 12.5mg once a day for 7 days. Then do 12.5mg every other day for 4 days then stop. I am obviously very questionable about physicians tapering directions.  I am curious how other people were able to taper off Metoprolol effectively. Any and all tapering schedules/ experiences are welcomed. I wanted as much information as possible so I can figure out a roughly estimated tapering schedule of my own. So which taper schedule worked best for you? 

[cb...]

Why is that???  Just out of curiosity.

Because when withdrawing you want as-steady-as-possible levels of the drug in blood serum. Doing the daily thing cuses too big fluctuations of the drug concentration in blood.

I couldn’t handle Metoprolol Succinate. I had too many side effects!!!  I do just fine in the Mylan brand Metoprolol Tartrate though. The only thing that sucks is you have to take the tartrate twice a day instead of once. It still took my body three weeks to adjust and have no side effects but it was tolerable. The succinate was horrible, my heart rate went higher, my PVCs increased, the dizziness was relentless!  I handle the immediate release metoprolol fine though.

If the half life of the medication is long, than doing every other day might be fine.  I do think metoprolol is tapered much faster than benzos.