Really.......Nine Months Today!!! Time Does Fly🤗🎉

[Ga...]

Nine long months have passed since my taper from Valium, and I am beginning to see the light in a much shortened tunnel!  Raging, burning, tingling, buzzing headaches are almost gone (after two years of almost daily occurrence), morning cortisol surges gone, itching considerably lessened, nausea gone, GI issues minimal, sleep pattern back to normal (six to seven hours of uninterrupted sleep.)  Christmases of 2018 and 2019 were miserable and spent mostly in bed with little joy.  Fast forward to this Christmas and I have so enjoyed the shopping online, wrapping, baking and decorating with a song in my heart and a pep in my step.  This new state of being comes on the heels of new and old symptoms that ramped up to an almost acute degree in a rapid cycling manner, slowly but surely gradually diminishing in frequency and intensity.  I listened to my body and when I began to feel chilled and tired, I stopped whatever I was doing at whatever time it was occurring, and turned to reading, listening to music, or napping to recharge.  There were some nights that I thought I was going to wake up sick, as I felt unwell before bed.  Nope, the ill feeling vanished and I awoke feeling fine and dandy.  I believe I am now in phase III as any symptoms I get are situational in nature, mainly from overdoing the holiday fun and festivities.  Where I go from here, I do not know, but that’s o.k., because I am enjoying the journey now, and not looking to the final destination.  Happy and Healthy Holidays to all my fellow benzo buddies :smitten: :smitten:

What a lovely post Gardenguru, you just made my day.  I love it when I see someone begin to see the end of this long miserable process, thank you for sharing your good news.  :smitten:

If not for you, Pamster, my journey would have been so much more frightening and disheartening!  In my darkest of hours of pain and fear, I turned to you and Trina for some much needed TLC and support, and I always received it.  I have always believed in guardian angels, and my experience and interactions on the BB forum, has only strengthened my belief.  Thank you for your kind words and I look forward to our continuing conversations in the weeks/months ahead.  I would like to continue on with benzo buddies after I have posted my success story, whenever that may be.  Maybe I can lend an ear and a shoulder for those buddies coming after me.

Happy Holidays, Pamster🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🤗❄️❄️❄️❄️

Gardenguru,

Congratulations on your nine month benzo free anniversary.  This quest is not for the faint of heart.  You are an inspiration and give me hope.  Ginger

Hi Gingermint.  Thank you for your kind words.  We are all in this together and all the encouragement we can share is beneficial for both the giver and the receiver.  May your healing come to you in the New Year of 2021 :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Gardenguru,

Thank you for sharing your story. 9 months off is a big accomplishment! I'm glad you are so much closer to being completely healed! I hope it accalerates from here on!

Peace and joy to you! :thumbsup: