Xmas

[De...]

Hi, is anyone having anxiety about xmas.  Im going over my parents tomorrow. It will just be 5 ppl. I hate it because I have to pretend I'm normal. Plus, if I say something, ill get the look. I think I can do it. I want too. Im just sensitive to comments and I don't want to melt down. I know my mother does this, so I shouldn't take it personal. She gets me every year, ugh. I guess I just need encouragement like im going to make it through. Thanks.  :)

[10...]

Hopefully, it will be a relaxing day.  Maybe you can help with meal or snack prep or something like that.  Staying busy always helps me.

fwiw - if I get 'make wrongs' from my family, I just tell them that I must have done it wrong again (with rolling eyes and lots of over-dramatic voice inflection).  I've said it so many times, that it's become one of the family jokes.  Even before the 'make wrong' comment is finished, they'll start with the mocking "I did it wrong again" line (along with mocking laughter).  It's so funny that anything after that can't be taken seriously.

Thanks badscof!

Thats really helpful! I always used to joke around and laugh. I guess I wish they didn't walk around like im making this up.  It makes me crazy. If they 9nly knew how this felt. I guess I can5 be mad because sometimes I can't believe it myself. I do miss them all. Been a very lonely road and year. Iwill help do things and stay busy! Good idea! Merry xmas!!

The anticipation of having to socialize was worse for me than the actual event.  Hopefully that will be what happens for you, although anticipation usually lasts a lot longer than the event itself!

Remember to breathe...  :smitten:

You’re welcome... I think most people have anticipatory anxiety, it’s just harder to deal with when we’re fragile. It’ll get better with more time.

:smitten:

I'll just do the best I can.  Thank you so much. The fragile emotions 8 have to watch out for. Its worse with family for some reason. Lo lo

I'll just do the best I can.  Thank you so much. The fragile emotions 8 have to watch out for. Its worse with family for some reason. Lo lo

Hmmm, I think most everything is more difficult with family. They judge, or we think so anyway.  ::)

You’ll do fine...

DD, I had to jump on here and wish you a Happy Holiday.  I miss you.  Challis is right, the anticipatory anxiety is what gets me too, then once I am there, I calm down some.  Hope you do too.  Love you girlfriend!  Mary 🙋🏼😘🙏🙋🏼😘🙏😷😷😷🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄.    Please be safe.  :smitten:

I stopped caring what others think of me a long time ago and that includes parents. Just being yourself is hard enough. Nobody knows your struggle better than yourself, so they cannot be a judge. Just be yourself and confidence will shine through when you truly learn not to care about the negative thoughts of others or how they perceive you. Just smile and know that you know yourself and that is all that matters. This will allow you to relax and actually have fun. Being helpful and even taking charge to do something you might not normally do will help too. I always do the dishes without being asked.

Thanks walking! I think my self esteem has been pretty low lately.  It was getting better I thought.  Your right,  it doesn't matter what anyone thinks or says. If I look off well there nothing I can do. Nobody's perfect.  Thank you so much!!!