Technical questions: Liquid Microtaper

[cl...]

Hi guys,

I've been liquid microtapering Clonazepam for 2 months now and hope somebody can answer some technical questions! 

---can I use any high-alcohol beverage instead of just vodka?  Whiskey, bourbon, rum, Fireball (ha)?  My significant other likes Jim Beam Honey Whiskey.  If possible I'd rather use that than buy a bottle of vodka just for tapering.

---is it better to use a short jar for mixing the solution than a tall jar?  I'm concerned because I was drawing with the syringe from the top of a tall jar even as settling was going on.  I shake the jar frequently, but still feel uncertain the particles are distributed evenly, and that I'm reaching the appropriate density with the syringe.  I want to feel sure I'll be getting the same water/particle ratio all the way to the end of my taper.)

---are the heavier particles that settle quickly mainly inert ingredients?

---is there anything I can use to hold doses besides baby food jars?  Baby food jar lids don't fit well and drip and leak!!!  My sister (retired pharmaceutical chemical engineer) said don't use plastic or Tupperman, it can hold microparticles.  What else can be used?

As reference, here's my nightly chemistry class:

---Dry cut .3125 mg Clonazepam (5/8ths a .5 mg pill)

---Dissolve it in 1.5 ml vodka in a little shot glass.

---Mix the shot glass contents and pour into a jar of 300 ml's water. 

---Give the jar a few shakes before each draw of the syringe removing the current taper amount.

---Shake the jar again and pour into 6 baby food jars for the next day's 6 doses.  (6 doses may be unnecessary but it's what I'm used to.)

---Every 6th day I taper the solution 1 ml.  (Currently at .2990 mg.  At this rate it could take me a year!)

Any advice on my questions would be greatly appreciated!

clearbluesky

[74...]

You can use any high-strength alcohol.  The higher, the better.

Any jar should do fine.  Mason jars should work if you have them.

The insoluble material should be the inert material in the pill (probably mostly starch)