Need help switching to Rx liquid Diazepam

[jo...]

My Dr. finally switched me over to Rx liquid diazepam 1mg/1ml solution and I need some help with how to prepare it and dosing. The easy part is that I know that 1ml equals 1mg.

I have been currently making my own solution with pills and vodka so I am familiar with liquid titration, just not with Rx liquid. I currently make a 1:100 ratio using 1 mg pill dissolved in 2ml of vodka with 98ml of water. I then toss my taper portion for the day and drink the remainder in the jar. I am currently tapering .015mg per day.

I currently take 2mg in pill form in the morning and 1mg pill along with my liquid taper at night, which I am currently holding my daily dose at 3.4mg. I think I have read that some BB use a 1:10 ratio instead of the 1/100 ratio that I use, and drink their dose straight from the syringe, but I'm not sure on that.

Would it be wise to slowly switch individual doses over to the Rx liquid over a period of time to let my body adjust? Can I still take pills along with Rx liquid?

I am really just lost on how to go about dosing this new Rx liquid and would appreciate any and all help about how everyone here dose it. Basically I need a new plan for using Rx liquid Valium.

Thanks to all,

JoJo

I responded to your post on the Valium support group, but there’s some additional questions here I didn’t see there, so I’ll address those.

If you want to switch to all liquid, I’d recommend a gradual switch over and hold your dose while you do it. I switched over in 12 days and kept tapering through it. It resulted in some unpleasant withdrawal symptoms and I’ve had to hold for 2-4 weeks a couple times. I think if I’d gradually switched over and held my dose I could’ve avoided that unpleasantness. So you get to benefit from my mistakes.  :laugh: :laugh:

There are several people that take pills and just reduce the liquid part of their dose. Momof7babes is one member that comes to mind. I want to say builder did for a while too. There are others I just can’t think of at the moment. So yes, you can definitely do it that way.

Personally, I think it’s just easier to be on all one form of medication rather than dealing with pills and Rx liquid. However, some people are very sensitive to changes in medication manufacturers and using both forms allows them to taper without upsetting the delicate balance our CNS exists in while withdrawing from benzos.

I responded to your post on the Valium support group, but there’s some additional questions here I didn’t see there, so I’ll address those.

If you want to switch to all liquid, I’d recommend a gradual switch over and hold your dose while you do it. I switched over in 12 days and kept tapering through it. It resulted in some unpleasant withdrawal symptoms and I’ve had to hold for 2-4 weeks a couple times. I think if I’d gradually switched over and held my dose I could’ve avoided that unpleasantness. So you get to benefit from my mistakes.  :laugh: :laugh:

There are several people that take pills and just reduce the liquid part of their dose. Momof7babes is one member that comes to mind. I want to say builder did for a while too. There are others I just can’t think of at the moment. So yes, you can definitely do it that way.

Personally, I think it’s just easier to be on all one form of medication rather than dealing with pills and Rx liquid. However, some people are very sensitive to changes in medication manufacturers and using both forms allows them to taper without upsetting the delicate balance our CNS exists in while withdrawing from benzos.

I'm another who is currently tapering via tabs + liquid.  Basically my taper hasn't gone all that smooth so I maintain tabs because it's the devil I know.  As far as the liquid portion, it allows me to control a cut by a small exact amount and that seems to help minimize w/d symptoms.  Actually I do agree with kit in that I also feel that it's probably a good idea to be on a single form of medication.....I'm just not comfortable with that (yet).