Bunions

[on...]

• 1 month later...

I think mine are from withdrawal too. Never had issues until then. Have them on both feet.Just had the 1st one removed no sedation just local numbing of the area.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. I have developed a bunion also.  It just appeared out of nowhere and is growing fast. I have never had issues with my feet before I stopped benzos.  These medications affect every part of our body.

While I understand all too well our tendency to blame everything on benzo withdrawal we can't attribute everything that happens to it.  I've never read anything about bunions being associated with benzo withdrawal and I've read thousands of posts. 

This topic raises more important issues, we can't blame everything on withdrawal and we shouldn't assume this when it comes to our health.  Many of us have had numerous tests trying to find the cause of our pain and our Dr's haven't found anything so we're left to assume its withdrawal related.  But we should never assume this when faced with serious health concerns, its always a good idea to get checked out by a medical professional.

Another thing we must be cognizant of, many members have been on benzo's and recovering from them for years and we can't understand why they're still feeling so bad after being off the drug for a long time.  We need to remember that we're that much older and this means aches and pains and things naturally going wrong, so while we may want to blame benzo's, sometimes its just the passage of time.