Can you heal when stressful things keep happening?

[Be...]

Hi everyone,

Crazy question: I seem to attract stessful things like a magnet - I’ve tried to de-stress my life as much as possible - however high stressful things keep happening.  Can you heal when life keeps slogging you with High stressful things?  Thanks so much

I believe we heal even if we have stress in our lives.  I fully support the concept that stress can and will increase symptoms which will make us more miserable but I think healing is still happening.  What your brain is doing is organic, it's doing it's job regardless of what you're going through emotionally, I don't think stress will delay recovery, it will just make you more miserable.

I worked full time in a high stress job, I faced two cancer surgeries and dealt with the typical family dynamics that can add to our stress levels and I fully recovered.  We can't know for sure about stress but based on my experience, I believe we can heal even while life happens.

[6b...]

I worked full time in a high stress job, I faced two cancer surgeries and dealt with the typical family dynamics that can add to our stress levels and I fully recovered.  We can't know for sure about stress but based on my experience, I believe we can heal even while life happens.

You have some remarkable CNS right there. There are people who get setback after setback and just get worse with time. Frankly it scares the frack out of me. Makes me want to go back to drugs and never attempt withdrawal again. Your story is a counterweight to that, but we're inclined to think the worst even though it's counterproductive.

I believe we heal even if we have stress in our lives.  I fully support the concept that stress can and will increase symptoms which will make us more miserable but I think healing is still happening.  What your brain is doing is organic, it's doing it's job regardless of what you're going through emotionally, I don't think stress will delay recovery, it will just make you more miserable.

Thabks you do much pamster.  I haven’t worked for 8 weeks as I got sick with a virus & then got a huge wave which I’m still in the midsts of,  I got Giuardia & had to go on anti biotics which was another setback.  Someone crashed into the back of my car while it was parked & didn’t leave a note.  Someone  hacked into my phone. Before Benzo’s my real estate got broken into & my personal information got stolen, I went to the police etc & yesterday I got a text message from a debt collector as the identity thieves had opened up a phone account & there was $5,000 owing.  I just seem to keep getting slogged by life & have bad luck,  your story inspires me,  thank you,  I’m going to get through this.  I’m going to heal.

I don't know, but stress has been known to cause setbacks. I know that if push came to shove I would probably attempt reinstatement.

Hi, thanks.  I hope you’re doing ok.  Please hamg I’m there.  You will heal, you will get better.  I know it probably doesn’t feel like this at little right now. 

Thabks you do much pamster.  I haven’t eii is tied for 8 weeks as I got sick with a virus & then got a huge wave which I’m still in the midsts of,  I got Giuardia & had to go on anti biotics which was another setback.  Someone crashed into the back of my car while it was parked & didn’t leave a note.  Someone  hacked into my phone. Before Benzo’s my real estate got broken into & my personal information got stolen, I went to the police etc & yesterday I got a text message from a debt collector as the identity thieves had ipened up a phone account & there was $5,000 owing.  I just seem to keep getting slogged by life & have bad luck,  your story inspires me,  thank you,  I’m going to get through this.  I’m going to heal.

Holy cow Bess, when you talked about stress I had no idea what you were dealing with!  I'd be a wreck if I had to deal face what you've had on your plate, no wonder you're questioning this, I don't blame you.

But I agree with your last statement, you're going to get through this and you're going to heal.  :thumbsup:

[6b...]

Thabks you do much pamster.  I haven’t eii is tied for 8 weeks as I got sick with a virus & then got a huge wave which I’m still in the midsts of,  I got Giuardia & had to go on anti biotics which was another setback.  Someone crashed into the back of my car while it was parked & didn’t leave a note.  Someone  hacked into my phone. Before Benzo’s my real estate got broken into & my personal information got stolen, I went to the police etc & yesterday I got a text message from a debt collector as the identity thieves had ipened up a phone account & there was $5,000 owing.  I just seem to keep getting slogged by life & have bad luck,  your story inspires me,  thank you,  I’m going to get through this.  I’m going to heal.

Oh boy, you just can't seem to catch a break. So sorry, this is awful. Do you take any drugs to help out with symptoms?

Yeah, you're going to heal even with stress. I agree with Pamster that the big difference will be that the stress is likely to make you feel bad. I promote stress management on these forums because usually it's something that people can improve on. Sometimes people just aren't aware and it helps to point out what can be done to deal with stress and how that can help with the recovery journey. I don't mean to say that if you have to deal with a lot of stress, you can't get well. It's not good or helpful and I hope that things settle down for you, because that will be better for healing. But as long as you can keep going, this will eventually make you stronger. That I promise you.

Make sure you take the time to laugh in life's face. It's the only way I got through things at times. I mean those times when it feels like the whole world is conspiring against you and then something completely ridiculous happens to top things off. What can you do except laugh?

Holy cow Bess, when you talked about stress I had no idea what you were dealing with!  I'd be a wreck if I had to deal face what you've had on your plate, no wonder you're questioning this, I don't blame you.

But I agree with your last statement, you're going to get through this and you're going to heal.  :thumbsup:

Thanks so much Pamster. There is more that is wedged on my plate - but I just put the major stuff.  I had a window tonight - a snippet of normalcy & an escape from the pure terror that seems to have taken up residences inside of me.  I’m praying like a fever any nun for this nightmare to be over.  I can’t wait to feel like myself again:  hope you are well & had a good day :))

Oh boy, you just can't seem to catch a break. So sorry, this is awful. Do you take any drugs to help out with symptoms?

Thanks.  I don’t take any drugs.  I go for vitamin C transfusions sometimes - this seems to help with muscle pain.  I can’t tolerate many foods so I just try & keep it all simple.

Whoa..thanks for sharing. I did not know all that. Goodness Pam, that just gave a lot of hope.  :smitten: