Weighted blanket do they work?

[le...]

Just wondered if anyone had success with weighted blanket? Developed bad insomnia after 2 years off benzos. Has been OK ish up to now in withdrawal.Used to have trouble getting to sleep, so now having trouble staying asleep wake about 3-4 am every night. Only thing worked in past for me personally was zopiclone but know can't go down that path again. Weighted blanket one of few things haven't tried, as they are very expensive wonder if they actually help?

Personally, I don't like weighted blankets. I tried one last year at this time when my insomnia was bad. I'm the type of person who doesn't like sheets being tucked under the bed though so I just felt trapped with it. You might actually benefit from them.

They worked great for me prior to benzo wd!!

But be warned, I pulled a back muscle a few weeks ago, and it was spasming like crazy - all from the weighted blanket.

Also, I find I have a lot of restless legs in benzo wd, so the thing was too heavy for me when I'm turning over 100 times a night!!

Have you tried taking an epsom salt bath a few times a day, that will give you more magnesium into your body and help you sleep potentially.

Once I'm off these horrid drugs, I know that I'm going to be one of those that has serious insomnia!!

Good luck

WinnieDog

Been using weighted blanket couple nights now not lot difference so far. How long before it makes much difference? It is bit of strange sensation had to push it done the bed as felt as if I was pinned to the bed.

In withdrawal you would not have found me in the bed becauseI was hidden under tons of blankets. Not because of the heat, because of the weight. Or I wrapped myself into a blanket like a burrito or a baby, this also was helpful to me. If you dont want to buy a weighted blanket you can try to wrap yourself into blankets very tightly  and if that feels good, I would try to lay under more than one.. just to get a little bit of weight. I dont need to do that any more, but I remember that in acute withdrawal it was helpful. Or I just put a warm water bottle on my solar plexus or the chest. Same principle. :thumbsup:

I LOVE my weighted blanket.  It is the best investment I made in my benzo recovery.  I do sleep better with it.  You know they are used for people with Autism because it calms the central nervous system, and reduces sensory overloads.