Does glutamate disappear quickly and that's why windows and waves can be short?

[Er...]

Just a question about how this works. My sxs are mostly physical. Literally one minute I can be nauseous with vertigo and benxo flu and the next minute I can feel fine. Then I'll feel bad for maybe hours and then good for hours. Same with days, weeks months, etc.

But my question is does glutamate lose its effect very quickly and that's why we can go from good to bad in almost the blink of an eye? I'm not sure exactly how the neurotransmitters work and why things can go from good to bad and vice-versa so quickly. I hope this question makes sense. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I sure wish someone would weigh in on this....the way we can go from feeling normal to horrible in a manner of minutes mystifies me, too!

I imagine one part of it is a whole array of positive feedback loops interacting,-perhaps not as well as they should given the benzo effects (or lack of)..

In a healthy body, I couldnt begin to imagine how many of the types of balancing interactions go on each minute or even second..!!??

Kinda thinking of last time I came face to face with a big snake.. (I hate snakes)

I think we can get a bit too hung up on the in’s n out’s of the gaba/glutamate “theory” in its isolation and I try to think of neurochemistry as a flux of oily rainbow colours on a waters surface as oil drips in, rather than say the hard wired “leavers and switches” of say an electrical system..

-if that makes any sense or even helps..??

:(

I came to accept that its well beyond what I will ever comprehend, and found that quite liberating..