How do you fill your days?... (Trigger Warning ⚠ maybe).

[Si...]

Perhaps a Trigger Warning ⚠ - unsure but better safe than sorry for someone.

Hi, basically since I went through a 5 week supposed 'detox' in a well thought of centre in the UK (actually my brain is so clouded it could be 3 years... Or 18 months) I've basically been housebound and in a complete scary dreamworld.

Every day has been the same after I left, horrific, I mean I suffer from IBD, bladder problems, anxiety yada yada... And these have obviously gotten worse along with the symptoms we all know and hate.

Basically my days consist of waking up shaking, can't think, nausea, can't breathe... All that. The rest of my day consists of putting on my headphones and watching YouTube to drown out the tinnitus, pain and all the rest. I'm unable to work, unable to function and I'm lucky if I can drag myself out for a 10 minute walk some days.

The complete isolation is in itself a trigger, but when I go out I see people going Xmas shopping, interacting, picking their kids up etc and it makes me down.... I don't have kids but these are tasks people take as normal yet I wouldn't be capable of them.... And this is me still on 20mg Diazepam.

I don't seem to have much attention span for TV and I used to play video games but now they just confuse me.

Unfortunately for me there is no point I will 'stabilise' during this.... I chose my starting taper point at 30mg but I had been taking more.

So, invariably things will get worse, I live alone and have no support to speak of... So back to the question.

How did or do you fill your days as I know what I'm doing isn't healthy yet I'm not capable of more.

Thank you for reading and stay safe everyone ❤️

I live alone as well and find getting outside for a walk is more helpful than you think. I’m starting to believe a body in motion is a body at ease, for me.

It’s hard for me to watch tv as well but I do find distractions through video games

Cheers for the reply buddy, yeah I know its really important I try to get that walk, even if it's just 10 minutes round my local area. Just some days I try, but just can't drag myself up.

Really wish I could play video games again.... I've had Days Gone for the PS4 sitting there since last year 😒😁.

I'm thinking of buying some books or something, short stories maybe, anything that I can attach my mind to so I don't just sit and think about how bad I feel all alone, that just drags me down further.

Anyway I hope you're doing well and thank you again 👍

Hang in there. I’ve had a book I want to finish but just can’t concentrate. What PS4 games work best to grab your attention? I used to own a PlayStation3

Hi SB-

I am lucky enough to still be able to work (really have no choice) but when I'm not working, I usually either watch TV, read or dabble online. I am way too obsessed with my taper so I'm on this site quite a bit posting or reading success stories and daydreaming.

I don't get out for exercise nearly as often as I should.

Stay well,

Karen

Hi guys, yeah I used to play football games (soccer in US), in fact i'd play First person shooters, RPG'S... I'd give anything a go really. But I find they move too fast for me now and I seem to have lost the ability to use the controls properly, like my brain is so slooooow.

I reckon reading, breathing techniques and dragging myself out for that 10 minute walk are gonna be my best bet. Slow things. Even though when I'm out I start walking really fast, think it's anxiety that causes that, wish I could just chill sometimes.

Anyway, wish me luck, I've had terrible sinus problems for about 18 months and I have a lot of trouble breathing... Tried everything so calling Dr tomorrow and I'm going to have to be firm with them as they'll likely fob me off as usual 🙄.

Thanks for replying guys, stay safe and much love from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I’m obsessed with the computer game Cities: Skylines

If you like “Sim City” type games

And ya, I do breathing exercises too. They help great

I stick lying on my side on agony - can’t sit or lie on back.

Can’t concentrate on TV etc. Just on iPod touch all day trying to read about physiology etc.

Getting to point now where hard to type as arms are starting to not work.

I stick lying on my side on agony - can’t sit or lie on back.

Can’t concentrate on TV etc. Just on iPod touch all day trying to read about physiology etc.

Getting to point now where hard to type as arms are starting to not work.

Joss, are you still taking any medications?

Laying in bed all day and night...too tired to get up and even walk much or take care of myself at all. The fatigue is crushing and the waves of fear are just too much to handle. I cant watch TV or play games because they're just depressing or over stimulating

Oh man, poor Dmw. I hope you will try to make an effort to look after yourself as much as you can. I have been there myself, I remember if I could just seize the moment and get a shower and make a nice healthy, I would feel a lot better for it. But I know it's not as easy as that. You're a good person for sure.

Hi.... I take coffee if I can (not too much akathesia) and light the fire.

I take a hot bath and just slow my breathing and do a 'unity' talk with my body and brain.  Its a visualization I invented where I imagine my body working in unity and balance.  Its a pep talk to cancel out the symptoms.  Thoughts carry vibrational energy and this crazy withdrawal would have me believing the worst.  The energy from the unity visualization is always a good thing. Its a message of love.

I open a window for fresh air and do gentle yoga stretches on the floor: knees to chest, twists and stretches.  My dog watches.  I make myself walk or jog - if its bad, I shuffle uphill to my neighbors property or I go to the beach and jog (shuffle) for 20 min. max.  If I have weakness or air hunger - I move easy and tell myself good things like "I am strong"  I am healing".  I say them out loud. Even if I feel like I'm dying.  My dog hears me and so does my mind....  it is so important for me to not give free rein to all the 'circling the drain' talk.

Not to sound like a saint because I fall apart sometimes - but for every time I can do this - it counts.  I know the oxygen brings healing even when I feel like shit. 

I prepare some good food.  Maybe oatmeal or hummus or applesauce - just simple good food. 

I lay down if I'm feeling weak and read or watch TV.  On my bad days I watch a lot of TV.

On my good days I reach out to at least one friend by text or visit, and make a beeline for one store to stock up on whatever.

I am just getting into how important positive self talk is.  I'm not saying I can do it all the time.  But it is helping me... because I can go into some deep dark places if I just let myself go.  I come here and ask questions, and rant when it gets very tough.

Laying in bed all day and night...too tired to get up and even walk much or take care of myself at all. The fatigue is crushing and the waves of fear are just too much to handle. I cant watch TV or play games because they're just depressing or over stimulating

Yeah I hear that brother.... Many days of mine are filled that way, and I've still got ages to go. I'm feeling the pain (all number of symptoms) already, and I'm still on 20mg.

I think because I went back to using Diazepam after that 5 weeks in detox it'll be harder for me... Kindling or something? I dunno but I'm learning more.

But yeah, days lying around in bed don't help but sometimes it's all we can do.

I wish i'd a big bath(used to love radox baths) like someone posted about above 👆, I've only got a shower.... And i hate showers 😑

Hi.... I take coffee if I can (not too much akathesia) and light the fire.

I take a hot bath and just slow my breathing and do a 'unity' talk with my body and brain.  Its a visualization I invented where I imagine my body working in unity and balance.  Its a pep talk to cancel out the symptoms.  Thoughts carry vibrational energy and this crazy withdrawal would have me believing the worst.  The energy from the unity visualization is always a good thing. Its a message of love.

I open a window for fresh air and do gentle yoga stretches on the floor: knees to chest, twists and stretches.  My dog watches.  I make myself walk or jog - if its bad, I shuffle uphill to my neighbors property or I go to the beach and jog (shuffle) for 20 min. max.  If I have weakness or air hunger - I move easy and tell myself good things like "I am strong"  I am healing".  I say them out loud. Even if I feel like I'm dying.  My dog hears me and so does my mind....  it is so important for me to not give free rein to all the 'circling the drain' talk.

Not to sound like a saint because I fall apart sometimes - but for every time I can do this - it counts.  I know the oxygen brings healing even when I feel like shit. 

I prepare some good food.  Maybe oatmeal or hummus or applesauce - just simple good food. 

I lay down if I'm feeling weak and read or watch TV.  On my bad days I watch a lot of TV.

On my good days I reach out to at least one friend by text or visit, and make a beeline for one store to stock up on whatever.

I am just getting into how important positive self talk is.  I'm not saying I can do it all the time.  But it is helping me... because I can go into some deep dark places if I just let myself go.  I come here and ask questions, and rant when it gets very tough.

Yeah I loves me some coffee 😁, I shouldn't really as the coffee and sugar are bad for my Colitis but I'm so sluggish, foggy brained and, to be honest, simply scared in the mornings that I rush (or kind of shamble) towards the coffee and cigarettes.... Cigarettes are bad I know but between that and youtube some days they're all I've got.

I really like your attitude, it's really positive man, I don't really have an appetite due to my stomach condition and WD's so eating is something I really need to force. The weight I've lost has been unreal.

I know what you mean about the brain 'circling the drain' too, I'm mostly isolated and sometimes your mind can work against you so I try to redirect to anything else really instead of ruminating on how bad I feel.

I won't lie, that is difficult though, but if you don't try and put the effort in it only makes it that much harder eh.

Thanks again for your reply and to everybody else, I've read them all and appreciate it 🙏❤️