Sleep problems during benzo taper, Psydoc suggesting Lyrica... COULD USE ADVICE

[Gr...]

Hi, this is my first time posting on the insomnia thread, but I imagine I will probably be hanging out here a lot :-).

I started taking temazepam due to chronic sleep difficulty. Developed terrible interdose withdrawals. Switched to 15mg Valium and began taper. Everything was going pretty fine until I cut to 7mg. Now I am having some difficult symptoms but probably the worst is that I am not sleeping well anymore. I feel TERRIBLE when I don't sleep.

My psychiatrist is suggesting that I take Lyrica to help with sleep. I have looked up this drug and there are some studies saying it helps with sleep but I am also very worried about getting addicted to another drug. I am already dependent on Seroquel 100mg and the Valium. I am worried that Lyrica could also be addictive and what if it doesn't even work?

Some people have also mentioned Gabbapentin. I know that can be addictive too but I hear it's not as addictive as benzos?

I would really appreciate hearing some advice from anyone who has tried these type of drugs while trying to get through a benzo taper. is it worth it? Does it help? Does it just create more problems? Has anyone tried Lyrica? Or Gabbapentin? '

I want so bad to be drug free but I also need to sleep, and I feel like if I can sleep than I can get through my taper better. But on the other hand, I don't' want to get through my benzo taper just to have to go through another taper with Lyrica or some z-drug or whatever.

I appreciate any advice or experience anyone can share! Thanks

Grace

[70...]
I too am wondering about Lyrica or Neurontin (pregabalin or gabapentin). Positives? Negatives? I am frustrated beyond belief with sleep lately and it’s making me very depressed.

Yes, Pamster thanks for moving my post. I didn't realize there was an "Other Medications" board and I did get a lot of responses there.

Fluffernutter123, I also noticed that under "support groups", there is a thread called 

"Gabapentin (Neurontin) Withdrawl Support Group" that literally has thousands of posts. I have begun reading it to find out peoples' experiences with Gabapentin and you could too!

Grace