Non sodium bowel prep for colonoscopy

[Be...]

Hi Everyone,

I have to go for a small bowel scope (flexible sigmoidoscopy) for a rare genetic cancer mutation I have.  Does anyone know of a bowel preparation (what you swallow to make your bowels clean out Before the scope) formula you can take that doesn’t contain sodium?

Thanks for your help. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm sorry I can't answer your question directly but I had a colonoscopy a couple years back for my Ulcerative Colitis and I was given something to take by the hospital team on the day.

Can't remember it's name or what was in it but basically my point is if you want something without sodium in it then just say so.

I always found them to be really helpful.

Sorry I don't have any other info though.

All the best with it ❤️👍

Hi, I'm sorry I can't answer your question directly but I had a colonoscopy a couple years back for my Ulcerative Colitis and I was given something to take by the hospital team on the day.

Can't remember it's name or what was in it but basically my point is if you want something without sodium in it then just say so.

I always found them to be really helpful.

Sorry I don't have any other info though.

All the best with it ❤️👍

Thanks so much

Why no sodium?

I know currently I would need to avoid the magnesium preps bc of its relation to gaba... my alternate would prob be a polyethylene glycol I think.

Good luck!

Why no sodium?

I know currently I would need to avoid the magnesium preps bc of its relation to gaba... my alternate would prob be a polyethylene glycol I think.

Good luck!

Thanks so much.  I've found that anything with Sodium can offset a tidal wave of symptoms so I'm doing my best to avoid sodium!