Has anyone else been prescribed trazadone?

[...]

It reminded me of Unisom, didn't work very well for sleep but it gave me a drug hangover (slow and sluggish) the next day. 

Have you tried the much recommended double bags of chamomile tea?  Has anyone suggested CBD or THC to you?

Trazodone works great for me, but yes, you do get a hangover sluggish feeling the next morning. But I'll take that over not sleeping at all.

Ironically, Trazodone is one of the reasons I'm in this mess, Dr. told me to take 1 mg of ativan with Trazodone for 2 weeks until the Trazodone really started to work (takes a few weeks or so). It worked so well after a week or so, that I didn't need the Ativan anymore and he said to just wean off it. So I did and crashed and burned several weeks later, as I had no idea what I was feeling was withdrawal.

I've never tried CBD or THC, but I sure wish I had used those instead of these crappy drugs.

WinnieDog

Hi, yeah I was put on Trazodone after an absolutely brutal and rapid detox in rehab. I hadn't slept in, well I simply don't know but I was delirious I know that much.

It gave me a horrible feeling, wonky legs, bizarre perceptions but it hit me a couple hours sleep that night.

Been on it now for about 18 months at 150mg, scared to come off it really as I'm on a taper at the moment and the memories of what I went through with not sleeping still give me the fear.

SRR, trazadone worked for the first few nights, then stopped working. And I hated that drugged morning feeling.

Now (after having tried many, many things) I alternate between an indica mj edible and that good old reliable double-strength cup of camomille tea. Either of these work better than anything else I tried.

Hope this helps,

Katz

[d0...]
I’m on 50mg  at night for sleep. I have no problems with it. I honestly think it helped me. I have been on  it for about 5 years. I had insomnia before WD. I was sluggish at first but after a few months I wasn’t.

• 3 weeks later...
I took it for a few years then got off of it for a few years now Im back on it for 3 years. Works great for me. No side effects at all.

I've been on trazodone for years.  Can't sleep without it, most likely due to benzo damage.  I used to be on a heavier dose (200mg or so) that would leave me feeling like a slug in the mornings, now I'm down to 75mg.  It's enough to get me about 6 hrs sleep but not enough to make me feel like a zombie in the morning.  It's a drug and I hate that I'm on it... but I think its the lesser of the two evils when compared to not sleeping at all.  I've found that tapering from it from it has had very little withdrawals.

• 3 weeks later...
It has been working for me.  I take .75mg.  Without it I wouldn’t be able to sleep.  Even sometimes during this process I only sleep 2hours and then another 2 hours.  Lately I have been sleeping about 6 hours.  I just dropped down again, so who knows what this drop down will bring...LOL

Ugh, I'm so ridiculously sensitive to drugs. I tried taking .25 and it gave me horrible heart palpitations. Tried it a few times, same result every time. Doc says it makes no sense.

[0b...]
Ugh, I'm so ridiculously sensitive to drugs. I tried taking .25 and it gave me horrible heart palpitations. Tried it a few times, same result every time. Doc says it makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense, as our CNS tends to be hypersensitive in withdrawal, so drugs (and supplements) may not work as intended.