Messed up my water titration. Thoughts?

[da...]

Hello all,

Messed up during my water titration and paying for it with my most severe withdrawal symptoms since on temazepam. Was trying to stabilize before my taper but had to start splitting up 30mg capsules after running out of my 15mg supply.

So started a water titration of 30mg capsules to get to my 2x 7.5mg doses but found out 4 days ago that I did it all wrong and some doses ranged from 6mg to 8mg!

Having the worst symptoms by far the past 3 days. Felt like a total mental breakdown that lasted all day with windows only an hour at night before sleep dose. Almost went to the ER! Feeling way better at the moment and wanted to post.

I have since corrected it with help from another benzo buddy. I can’t thank her enough!

How bad did I screw up? Could it be worsening interdose and tolerance withdrawal as I had a very stressful weekend. Should I split my dose more evenly? Currently taking 7.5mg before sleep and 7.5mg when waking up the middle of the night. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't change your dosing schedule just yet, if you're feeling okay at the moment this may mean you're on your way to reaching some stability.  I'd hold this dose for awhile though since the error in your dosing and your weekend stress are taking a toll. 

Is there any way you can avoid that stress in the future, I've found that stress is the number one contributor to increased symptoms.

Thank you Pamster for the reply!

I ended up having a hell wave after posting this that lasted 15 hours. Didn't sleep and had the worst anxiety, rushing negative intrusive thoughts, and passive suicide ideation the whole time! Couldn't take it and ended up updosing back to 30mg but split into 4 doses this time.

It stopped right after the first dose thankfully. I had to do something to cling on to my sanity. Hope I can get some stability on this as I wasn't functional at all during my taper that was full of mistakes. I don't think I'm ready, and need to develop better coping skills, resolve some issues, and make some lifestyle changes before attempting again. 

Thanks for your thoughts! Definitely need to make some changes to cut out some unneeded stress in my life. I'm gaining the tools to prepare better for the next go around.

I'm glad this episode passed for you and glad you're taking a look at where you are and what you need to do.  Professor Ashton placed a great deal of importance on proper planning for a successful taper, there is nothing wrong with reevaluating your situation so you can do it right the next time.

Let us know how we can help.