Announcement: It is with regret... ×

Inner ear pain/pressure

[f2...]

[f2...]
I do care and I think I’m starting to get a little too attached and that’s not healthy for me at least for now. Also maybe not coldly but matter-of-factly. My positive outlook is really the result of the best way to cope. All you can really do is keep riding it out and hope it gets better while ruling out any other health problems in the meantime. You have a choice in how you deal with this, you can drown yourself in self pity and dwell on how horrible it is (which it is) or try to make the best of a terrible situation until things start to change. There are people that get better, that’s a fact. Maybe not everyone gets better but I think the ones that dwell on it and hang out all day here aren’t helping themselves. Other than that the only other option is to go back on the medication and that might be the right choice for some people. A lot of people hate to hear anxiety is the cause of their problems and it makes me angry as well but coming off this drug is a traumatizing experience in itself and we can’t expect to have the same level anxiety as before benzos. I’m not saying that’s the cause of all the symptoms but definitely for some. Also not everything you read here will be credible. The amount of times I see the word kindling and gabaergic or what you can or can’t take or you won’t get better makes me roll my eyes. No ones knows what they’re talking about yet they say everything as scientific fact. Anyway, I hope you start to see some improvements soon, honestly.
Thank you. I wish you improvements as well. I guess this waiting game is a torture in and of itself. This is why I think taking any and all supplements that don't harm you is a good thing. They might do nothing than pass through you, but placebo effect is real and illusion of control is good against anxiety.

Acceptance of symptoms is absolutely one of the most important aspects of recovering from benzo use.  This includes the choices you made in the past.  You chose to take the meds, you chose to stop.  You have regrets.  However, lingering over the past choices is not helping you at all today.  It is obsession.  Recovery is going forward.  Only forward.  It is also not obsessing about the future, especially on a negative future.  Your symptoms will almost def go away.  If they stay, they stay.  But that is very unlikely.  How does imagining the worst help you now?
I am an engineer. I was trained to think about all the worst case scenarios that can happen. It's not the best mindset to have right now. Regardless, I think it's rational to be proactive. If you see a new thread where people almost a decade out complain about a symptom you have that someome previously said can be prevented with a single application of gabapentin, it pays to try it. In fact, it is your positive experience with gabapentin that even made me consider it as an option (yeah, even there I read too much horror stories about adverse reactions to gabapentin).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [st...]

• [Be...]

• [tr...]

Doctors are worse than useless.

Most/Many Doctors are worse than useless. That's why I fired 5 in the past 5 years, and kept only one (My great Endocrinologist). I replaced two of the fired doctors with better ones (The new GI doc literally saved me life by helping me get a drug from the UK not available in the US because the FDA agreed I met the criteria for needing it). It's hard to find truly good doctors, and this certainly isn't a US problem, it's a worldwide problem. But I have a new PCP/GP that seems to be good, and my Psych provider isn't even a doctor, she's a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who is surprisingly Benzo wise.

But, freaking out and overthinking everything has always been my flaw (and in this case my impatience to be drug-free).

I can identify with this, part of it is due to my Autism. It's why I did my initial taper to fast. I go through periods of frustration. If I only knew about BB sooner, if I had slowed my taper down, I might have been half way through by now. As it is, I'm still stabilizing after reinstating. I know all this negative thinking isn't helping me, and I keep trying to push it out of my head. I visit BB every day, but I'm trying to cut back on my frequency because there's so much negative stuff that isn't helping me. But you gave me something positive, the info about the Sesamin, which I never heard of, and that whole thread you linked to is such a positive discussion, it is giving me hope, because I spent most of my Christmas crying and feeling at the point of despair. I wanted the Memantine to work so bad, and it gave me such GI upset. I tend to be one of those nerdy/geek types, labellled a braniac in high school because I was literally a walking encyclopedia of mostlly useless information.  So now I have my hopes set on Sesamin, researching it, and am reading about the positives BB users reported, and not one negative (none have poste any negative). If it's any consolation, you helped me, and I do wish there was a way I could help you. I don't have the ear problems you've had, mine wax and wane, but you always expresssed sympathy for mine, which are nothing compared to yours. I hope yours recede and end in time. But it's easy to sometimes get freaked out over something on a board.

It's a great crime that we're forced to rely on strangers on the Internet and on self-diagnosis to treat iatrogenesis.

This isn't my first rodeo doing this. It's how I found out how my unecesssary/uneeded Proton Pump Inhibitor use, caused me to become physically dependent on them, causing Rebound Acid Hypersecretion (RAHS) at every attempt to stop, which became urgent when I developed Hypomagnesemia from using them (I was on Protonix). Whats worse, no one had a solution that was reliable to get off them. I read of many's failed attempts to wean off them. You can't split the pills. One guy used the capsule form (Omeprazole?), opened one up, and removed one sphere, and took the rest with applesause. Every 4 to 6 weeks he reduced the spheres by one. It took him nearly two years to get off. His was the only succcess story. But I had life-threatening Hypomagnesemia, I didn't have two years. I found my own solution when I found out about a small research facility in London, UK co-founded by Nobel Prize Winner the late Sir James Black.

A Scottish man who entered med school at age 15, decided most doctors knew didddly-squat, and had terrible bedside manners, he wanted to do more,  so he went for a degree in Pharmacology after getting his MD. Propanolol and Tagamet were his work, which earned him that Nobel Prize. He was working on Netazepide, the drug that freed me from PPI dependency in only 44 days, when he passed away. The drug was created to treat an Orphan Disease called gNETS (gastric Neuroendocrine Tumors), but researchers found it worked on PPI dependency as well. I SO wish there was something like Netazepide for Benzos. Si James Black may have left this world, but the little one-of-a-kind research company he co-founded in London is still going strong, even have a new drug under development in the pipeline. I've seen so many people suffer from PPI's, I look forward to when Netazepide is approved for prescription use so people can stop the tried-and-failed and suffered serious RAHS as a result, methods they come up with. These forums exist because doctors aren't doing their job, regulatory egencies like the FDA here in the US, the MHRA in the UK and elsewhere aren't doing their jobs.

[f2...]
Most/Many Doctors are worse than useless. That's why I fired 5 in the past 5 years, and kept only one (My great Endocrinologist). I replaced two of the fired doctors with better ones (The new GI doc literally saved me life by helping me get a drug from the UK not available in the US because the FDA agreed I met the criteria for needing it). It's hard to find truly good doctors, and this certainly isn't a US problem, it's a worldwide problem. But I have a new PCP/GP that seems to be good, and my Psych provider isn't even a doctor, she's a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who is surprisingly Benzo wise.
I have no experience with them (we don't have them here), but my guess would be that nurse practitioners are probably generally superior to physicians because they're less likely to be conceited and more likely to be open-minded and listening to their patients.

I can identify with this, part of it is due to my Autism. It's why I did my initial taper to fast. I go through periods of frustration. If I only knew about BB sooner, if I had slowed my taper down, I might have been half way through by now. As it is, I'm still stabilizing after reinstating. I know all this negative thinking isn't helping me, and I keep trying to push it out of my head. I visit BB every day, but I'm trying to cut back on my frequency because there's so much negative stuff that isn't helping me. But you gave me something positive, the info about the Sesamin, which I never heard of, and that whole thread you linked to is such a positive discussion, it is giving me hope, because I spent most of my Christmas crying and feeling at the point of despair. I wanted the Memantine to work so bad, and it gave me such GI upset. I tend to be one of those nerdy/geek types, labellled a braniac in high school because I was literally a walking encyclopedia of mostlly useless information.  So now I have my hopes set on Sesamin, researching it, and am reading about the positives BB users reported, and not one negative (none have poste any negative). If it's any consolation, you helped me, and I do wish there was a way I could help you. I don't have the ear problems you've had, mine wax and wane, but you always expresssed sympathy for mine, which are nothing compared to yours. I hope yours recede and end in time. But it's easy to sometimes get freaked out over something on a board.
I don't have a diagnosis, but I'm probably suffering from some form of "extreme male brain." I also spent last few days freaking out and crying over ear symptoms. I'm glad to at least be of help to others, even though I've pushed myself into a bit of a corner.

This isn't my first rodeo doing this. It's how I found out how my unecesssary/uneeded Proton Pump Inhibitor use, caused me to become physically dependent on them, causing Rebound Acid Hypersecretion (RAHS) at every attempt to stop, which became urgent when I developed Hypomagnesemia from using them (I was on Protonix). Whats worse, no one had a solution that was reliable to get off them. I read of many's failed attempts to wean off them. You can't split the pills. One guy used the capsule form (Omeprazole?), opened one up, and removed one sphere, and took the rest with applesause. Every 4 to 6 weeks he reduced the spheres by one. It took him nearly two years to get off. His was the only succcess story. But I had life-threatening Hypomagnesemia, I didn't have two years. I found my own solution when I found out about a small research facility in London, UK co-founded by Nobel Prize Winner the late Sir James Black.
I know people who are dependent on PPIs. Now I wonder if they're also dependent on benzos? Benzo dependency is very common here, so maybe they aren't even aware of hypomagnesemia.

A Scottish man who entered med school at age 15, decided most doctors knew didddly-squat, and had terrible bedside manners, he wanted to do more,  so he went for a degree in Pharmacology after getting his MD. Propanolol and Tagamet were his work, which earned him that Nobel Prize. He was working on Netazepide, the drug that freed me from PPI dependency in only 44 days, when he passed away. The drug was created to treat an Orphan Disease called gNETS (gastric Neuroendocrine Tumors), but researchers found it worked on PPI dependency as well. I SO wish there was something like Netazepide for Benzos. Si James Black may have left this world, but the little one-of-a-kind research company he co-founded in London is still going strong, even have a new drug under development in the pipeline. I've seen so many people suffer from PPI's, I look forward to when Netazepide is approved for prescription use so people can stop the tried-and-failed and suffered serious RAHS as a result, methods they come up with. These forums exist because doctors aren't doing their job, regulatory egencies like the FDA here in the US, the MHRA in the UK and elsewhere aren't doing their jobs.
TBH I didn't expect any better of regulatory agencies. Their entire purpose is to instill a sense of false security and legitimacy of certain products in the eyes of consumers. But I am dissapointed with physicians.

I know people who are dependent on PPIs. Now I wonder if they're also dependent on benzos? Benzo dependency is very common here, so maybe they aren't even aware of hypomagnesemia.

If they've been on the PPI's long enough, the damage is serious. Kidney Disease, Kidney Failure, Hypomagnesemia, Inability to absorb critical nutrients, RAHS when you try and stop them, FDA here put a Black Box warning on PPI's about 7 years ago. Thse people dependent on PPI's are Dead Men Walking. Their chronic use can, and will, catch up with them. And the kidney doctors will treat them until they die. The Netazepide that saved me is approved as an Orphan Drug in the US and EU. And if some stupid Psych doctor in the US though putting me on a Benzo was a great way to treat Hypomagnesemia-induced anxiety, I'm sure there are pleny like her in your part of the world. 

I have no experience with them (we don't have them here), but my guess would be that nurse practitioners are probably generally superior to physicians because they're less likely to be conceited and more likely to be open-minded and listening to their patients.

Your guess is correct.

[f2...]
If they've been on the PPI's long enough, the damage is serious. Kidney Disease, Kidney Failure, Hypomagnesemia, Inability to absorb critical nutrients, RAHS when you try and stop them, FDA here put a Black Box warning on PPI's about 7 years ago. Thse people dependent on PPI's are Dead Men Walking. Their chronic use can, and will, catch up with them. And the kidney doctors will treat them until they die. The Netazepide that saved me is approved as an Orphan Drug in the US and EU. And if some stupid Psych doctor in the US though putting me on a Benzo was a great way to treat Hypomagnesemia-induced anxiety, I'm sure there are pleny like her in your part of the world.
Yeah, I wonder how many people die of iatrogenesis never suspecting a thing? Recently, my father's colleague got put on alprazolam to control blood pressure.  :idiot:

Hyperacusis and tinnitus are common in this.

They can be quite long lasting but tend to go away eventually.

It was the last of Baylissa symptoms to go - took seven or 8 years but it did go.

I find it unpleasant but is nothing compared to other stuff.