Switching from dry cutting to water titration question

[Re...]

I’ve been on .5 klonopin for almost a year now. A month and a half ago I cut 50% and am now at .25 holding. I want to start water tritration next week using whole .5. Using 200 ml water, question: should I remove 100 ml since it’s half.

Remember, just be aware that none of the benzos are soluble in water. You would be best advised to use a bit of alcohol or PG to first dissolve your benzo, then add water.

Katz

Hello, Remembertime. 

Different benzodiazepines have different solubilities in different solvents. Clonazepam is one of the more challenging benzodiazepines in terms of solubility.  Unlike other benzodiazepines that are soluble in water, clonazepam is not. Unlike other benzodiazepines that are soluble in 95% ethanol (190 proof alcohol), clonazepam is only slightly soluble. Moreover, according to one study, clonazepam’s solubility in propylene glycol is less than half that of diazepam.

Assuming you live in the US where a FDA-approved, commercially manufactured clonazepam oral solution is not available ...

Have you considered using a professionally compounded oral suspension?  A stability-tested formulation for a 0.1mg/mL clonazepam suspension is available.

Have you considered using whole fat, homogenized milk?  Based on what I’ve read here and elsewhere, milk  is a good option for clonazepam. 

Do you plan to use a 0.5mg clonazepam tablet? 

Do you plan to add water to your liquid after you disintegrate/dissolve the tablet in the propylene glycol? If so, how much?

I plan to use whole .5 tab in 200 ml water with 2ml propylene glycol. Sorry for not providing enough info. My benzo brain is out of wack. Thank you for helping. I really appreciate it.

Rest assured, you are not alone in suffering from benzo brain. Thank you for providing additional information to help other members help you. Regrettably, I do not have experience with making a homebrew liquid using propylene glycol and clonazepam tablets so must defer to other members on this.

I will leave you with one last question, have you considered making a liquid that has an “easy-to-work-with” concentration such as 0.1mg/mL or 0.01mg/mL?  Your liquid would have a concentration of 0.0024752mg/mL (0.5mg/202mLs). It’s do-able but calculations and measuring might be more challenging given your benzo brain.