I have 266 days benzo free!

[In...]

I haven’t posted anything new lately because even though it feels like I am improving, I still experience many symptoms daily. The one main plus that hasn’t changed at all is  the deep sleep that I am able to experience; I am grateful for that. I am also fairly clear-headed except for periodic “ frozen face and brain.” I definitely experience frozen face and brain along with tingling feet up the  knees MORE when I eat carbohydrates and especially sugar. I do not drink, thankfully, and I take no drugs with exception to vitamins. I have been intermittent fasting for the last year to help my body and brain heal as I still experience benzo belly and GI problems but my GABA and serontonin production has improved as my stools are healthier. I have hope that I will improve completely and I am working at keeping negative thoughts at bay. I have been able to continue working full-time during this withdrawal and have worked at keeping my anger and irritability at bay. I am so grateful for this site and Dr. Ashton!

Stay strong! Believe! We are the lucky ones!

Congratulations!!  You made it to freedom road.  I'm just off 19 days and looking forward to this time next year.  One day this ordeal will be a distant memory. G