Taper Advice

[Sa...]

I took 1mg/ 1 per day Ativan for 3 months.  I wanted to get off this drug so my doctor gave me a 3 week taper schedule, which included skipping a day or two between doses.  My dr. started the taper with 1mg the first day and then lower the dose to .5mg every other day.  The side effects are driving me crazy.  I have 7-1mg pills left and I doubt my doctor will prescribe any more Ativan so I can do a lower dose slow taper, daily and skip any days.  Do you have any suggestions how I can utilize my 7 pills to achieve my goal of getting completely off Ativan??

I see many folks looked at your post without replying yet.  I thought I'd just probably state what you may already know from reading other threads here.  It may be very difficult to do what you're hoping on 7 pills.  Do you think your doctor is open to listening to what you have to say, need to do, etc.?  Do they have experience with this or are they like so many who just say, no big deal......

Can you share information with them?  Can you find another doctor.  I'm no expert. There are many here, just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Regardless of next steps, stay here, there is a lot of support from people that have wanted to get off of these drugs, from CT to gradual taper, etc.

Skipping days doesn’t really make sense...Ativan is a fast-acting benzodiazepine and w/d symptoms set in after 4 or so hours.  It’d be best if your doc would prescribe enough to let you cut by small amounts every 5-7 days rather than try to do this with 7 pills.