Females Hsv

[90...]

[90...]

Anyone here have a lot of outbreaks of hsv?

I used to take antivirals but it seems I’m in a wave so taking it scares me.

I had an incident a few months ago where I broke out on my face. We thought it was shingles but my blood test showed hsv 1. Then a week after that my lady bits started burning and itching but no sores. I tested negative for HSV2. 

I’ve been having nerve pain in my labia and right buttcheek. The same nerve. So when I visited my gyno she said this seems like shingles pain without the breakout.

Now I wonder which it is. It’s frustrating. I can’t sit or lay. When I walk I can feel my labia swelling.

Does anyone know of natural remedies for herpes?! I take lysine. But it doesn’t seem to be working. I took my full course of antivirals for the “ shingles “ if that’s even what it was. But either way I’m looking at some type of herpe outbreak. I need relief.  Even water burns it down there. Feels like fire.

She did tell me I need pelvic floor PT. Which I knew. I had a hysterectomy and that’s how I was put on Valium to begin with. Ugh. But I don’t think my muscles would cause this much pain and out of nowhere. Especially with the swelling.

I need some type of advice if anyone has any experience with this. 

Betterfuture:

Thanks to benzo stuff I cannot tolerate taking any antiviral pills at this time - they put me into a horrible wave. Pre-benzos I would have like one flare up a year..now it is far more frequent.

So I am able to tolerate a topical acyclovir cream. It helps some. On average even if we do nothing any outbreak should clear within 2 weeks.

I have started to just invest more into foods that boost the immune system. HSV outbreaks can be attributed to stress normally - and we are def under stress with benzo recovery.

BUT..you can have " this much pain out of nowhere". Trust me. I've had such pain, ache, etc out of nowhere and for no rhyme or reason. I've seen it last for an entire month and then magically vanish. And then return, and vanish again. 

Kudos to you fro being brave enough to post this! Things like this can feel so taboo to mention, but I think they need to be mentioned as anything can happen in this recovery.

Knock on wood, I haven't been hit with a viral flareup in a while. Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

[90...]

Thanks Trina!

I have been nervous to ask about it. It’s such an odd thing to post about. But I figured with as many people on the group one person might relate in some way.

Acyclovir is usually what they give me in pill form. I had no idea it came as a cream. I need to call and ask for some. Now, I’m going to be looking up some diets to help boost my immune system. I’m a strong believer in food and health. I did start eating bad because life was getting busy. But I have to get this swelling under control.

And I hope you don’t get any flare ups!

Thank you for your advice.  :)