Covid vaccine

[Ga...]

I wonder how this vaccine will differ from the flu shot?  I got the flu shot at the beginning of September while pretty symptomatic, yet had no adverse reaction to it at all.  Not even a sore arm.  Right now I am enjoying some really good days....hardly any headaches at all, sleeping 8 hours a night, no toxic mornings, no nausea, good energy until late afternoon, and for the first time in 2 years, I am excited about the holidays. I have been slowly seeing improvements for the past three weeks, with my head pain of burning and tingling, coming and going infrequently.  This was my absolute worst symptom so I am quite relieved.  So, I will get as much information as I can about the vaccine and the side effects before taking the plunge.  If I only had to suffer for a couple of days, I would do it.  Healing prayers for all and Happy Thanksgiving🦃🦃🦃🍁🍁🍁🙏

I wonder how this vaccine will differ from the flu shot?  I got the flu shot at the beginning of September while pretty symptomatic, yet had no adverse reaction to it at all.  Not even a sore arm.  Right now I am enjoying some really good days....hardly any headaches at all, sleeping 8 hours a night, no toxic mornings, no nausea, good energy until late afternoon, and for the first time in 2 years, I am excited about the holidays. I have been slowly seeing improvements for the past three weeks, with my head pain of burning and tingling, coming and going infrequently.  This was my absolute worst symptom so I am quite relieved.  So, I will get as much information as I can about the vaccine and the side effects before taking the plunge.  If I only had to suffer for a couple of days, I would do it.  Healing prayers for all and Happy Thanksgiving🦃🦃🦃🍁🍁🍁🙏

This is wonderful to hear Gardenguru, I'm so happy for you!  :yippee:

Because of my age, older than dirt....  :laugh:  I have to have the high potency flu shot. I do feel 'sick' for a couple of days but having experienced the flu in the past, this was a small price to pay.  I'll get the vaccine for COVID, if I have some effects for a few days, that's fine. It's one step forward to being able to return to a more normal life. :smitten:

I know the importance of this vaccine and have immunised myself and my children against everything.  But that was in the past for me.

Not prepared for shaking, weakness, sweating, listing to the left, and standing back from pedestrian crossing fearing I'll fall in front of oncoming traffic as I just about crawled to the doctor.  I'd rather isolate myself on top of a mountain.  This recent setback put me on my arse, and some. 

I don't want to discourage anyone, but it's not for me AT THE MOMENT. 

I am not an anti vaxxer.  Quite the opposite.  Just not now.  Too much. 

Dee x

Thought I'd bring up this again as just announced they're rolling out vaccine here next week. Will be essential workers very elderly at first. Just don't know what to do, I'm no where near recovered just so worried it will make me worse as can't take supplements because adverse reactions. Just wondered what others are going to do?

I got the flu vaccine this year when I was only about 30 days off medication. I thought I was going to have a severe reaction!  But I didn’t. I was absolutely fine from it. It didn’t make any of my symptoms any worse than they already were. So I’m down for getting the vaccine. I have a two year old to put before myself.

I am in a predicament too, as like Leann I am in the UK and decision for me will be imminent at 75.

I have nowhere near healed at 12 months off, Still suffering badly and yet I also have to consider my special needs son, who is  38 and classed as extremely high risk for Covid.

I have no idea what to do ,

Jen

Me either Jen. I can see makes sense to have it, but terrified it will make me worse, do wonder if they're pushing it through too quickly.

The vaccine question of risk versus benefits is something each person must weigh carefully. Your decision. We are all grappling for a way out of the current dilemma. All options can be considered. This is not to instill any anxiety, but only to inform. I understand first hand the devastation. I currently have a family member in ICU from it.

1) It is not one injection.  The three main manufacturers have stated it will require two injections 7-10 days apart.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200605/covid-19-vaccine-will-probably-require-two-doses

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-vaccine-two-shot-regimen-difficulty-20201128.html

2) This is a messenger RNA vaccine. There are some for animals, but none currently for humans. All the approaches being used are novel/new. It doesn't mean it won't work, but there is no precedent.

"there are no approved DNA/RNA vaccines for medical use in humans, hence their alternative name: next-generation vaccines. So they are likely to face considerable regulatory hurdles before being approved for use"

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/pros-and-cons-different-covid-vaccine-technologies-explained-169291

*This article gives a list of both the pros and cons of the various approaches.

3) They've never had a successful coronavirus vaccine before.

"Professor Frazer was involved in the successful development of the vaccine for the human papilloma virus which causes cervical cancer — a vaccine which took years of work to develop.

He said the challenge is that coronaviruses have historically been hard to make safe vaccines for, partly because the virus infects the upper respiratory tract, which our immune system isn't great at protecting."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-04-17/coronavirus-vaccine-ian-frazer/12146616

Again, everyone can make their own decisions.

Be interesting see what others think. I'm very undecided main concern is it will make my withdrawal symptoms even worse. Different countries seem have different views  on it.

New information from the Pfizer CEO: We don't know if the vaccine prevents the spread of infection.

"Just one day after the United Kingdom became the first western nation to approve the inoculation, Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla says that he is “not certain” that the company’s vaccine will prevent people from carrying and spreading the virus to others.

In a Thursday night interview with NBC, the CEO expressed confidence in the ability “to send vaccines within 24 hours basically [anywhere] in the U.S.” after receiving emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration, but he remains unconfident in the vaccine’s ability to be a silver bullet against people carrying and transmitting COVID-19.

“Even though I’ve had the protection, am I still able to transmit it to other people?” NBC’s Lester Holt asked, to which Bourla responded:

'I think this is something that needs to be examined. We are not certain about that right now.'

Last month, Pfizer announced that its vaccine – developed along side BioNTech – proved over 90% effective in giving immunity. Although this statistic on its face sounds remarkable, researchers have warned that the clinical trials did not assess whether the vaccine can prevent the virus from spreading.

'We have no knowledge about whether it prevents you from actually acquiring the infection at all,' Dr. Larry Corey, a virologist at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, told Business Insider."

https://planetfreewill.news/pfizer-ceo-not-certain-vaccine-will-stop-people-from-carrying-and-spreading-covid-19/

Telling a different story over here, like it will be a silver bullet, interesting reading. Rolling it out in couple weeks be interesting see how things progress.

New information from the Pfizer CEO: We don't know if the vaccine prevents the spread of infection.

"Just one day after the United Kingdom became the first western nation to approve the inoculation, Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla says that he is “not certain” that the company’s vaccine will prevent people from carrying and spreading the virus to others.

In a Thursday night interview with NBC, the CEO expressed confidence in the ability “to send vaccines within 24 hours basically [anywhere] in the U.S.” after receiving emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration, but he remains unconfident in the vaccine’s ability to be a silver bullet against people carrying and transmitting COVID-19.

“Even though I’ve had the protection, am I still able to transmit it to other people?” NBC’s Lester Holt asked, to which Bourla responded:

'I think this is something that needs to be examined. We are not certain about that right now.'

Last month, Pfizer announced that its vaccine – developed along side BioNTech – proved over 90% effective in giving immunity. Although this statistic on its face sounds remarkable, researchers have warned that the clinical trials did not assess whether the vaccine can prevent the virus from spreading.

'We have no knowledge about whether it prevents you from actually acquiring the infection at all,' Dr. Larry Corey, a virologist at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, told Business Insider."

https://planetfreewill.news/pfizer-ceo-not-certain-vaccine-will-stop-people-from-carrying-and-spreading-covid-19/

hohhot,

Please provide a link for the interview with NBC, also Planet Free Will is not a credible source of information, is this information published anywhere else?

I feel we're getting off track from the OP's original question.

Thanks,

Pamster

My decision to not get the Covid 19 vaccine is based on my setback from the regular flu vaccine.

At 7 weeks I am still recovering from a set back from the regular flu shot. I am much better, but I'm still dealing with it.

The flu shot brought back one of my consistent symptoms of vertigo & balance issues, and it was definitely from the flu shot because I was 90% healed and symptoms that had been gone for 8 months returned suddenly within 12 hours of getting the shot.

I've read the articles out there from the Covid 19 trial candidates about getting fever, chills and maybe even needing to take a day off of work type of side effects from this 2 injection Covid 19 vaccine. But, they also said it was worth it. That's okay for a "normal person", but I am not a "normal person". I am a person still healing in withdrawal who was effected by a regular flu vaccine. Therefore, like other people who cannot get the Covid 19 vaccine for health reasons, I cannot get it either.

There is a certain populace of people who cannot get this vaccine and I'm part of it. Covid 19 would have to be tearing through my neighborhood and striking down people right and left in order for me to even consider getting it. In addition to that I'd have to see people in benzo withdrawal, people here on Benzo Buddies who have gotten the Covid 19  vaccine with little to no issues before I'd take it.

When I got the regular flu shot I did my research first. I asked here on BB if anyone had any issues with it. I did not get a ton of responses,  but there were people who had no issues with it who are in benzo withdrawal. Some said they just were too sick still to attempt it.

I had also had a flu vaccine in my life pre benzos with no issues therefore I took a chance, and for me it did not work out. I was actually surprised that it brought back symptoms. It did not bring back my mental symptoms, nor my akathasia, nor my other list of symptoms, but it DID bring back that vertigo/balance/boaty issues and some fatigue. Like I said, it's improved a lot, but I'm still not where I was pre flu shot. I'm still not driving. I still have some days of fatigue where I don't do much,  and some days with vertigo.

I am also a person who doesn't go anywhere during Covid. Nor does my husband. We don't have kids. It's just the two of us. Literally no one comes to our home. We work from home. He owns his own business and his employees have been working from home since June. He does phone calls and virtual meetings. We shop curbside. We do carryout. Nether of us have been in a bar nor restaurant since March. We don't drink anyway. We wear masks when around others which is very infrequently anyway. We are taking it VERY seriously because of my situation, and because of how our lives are set up we can take it extremely seriously. We will continue to live this way for many months. My husband may take the vaccine after we see how the population does with it.

As much as I'd like to get the Covid 19 vaccine when it comes available, I will not be getting one.

You have to choose for yourself.

I'm veering towards not having it, in such an emotional mess with the intrusive thoughts couldn't cope with it making things worse. In bed crying this morning. I was OK with flu shot, but know other people can have reaction. We can't mix with people inside  here anyway . It does have be individual decision think I'll wait see if anyone on here has it.

I am very sensitive to medications, this has been true my entire life apart from benzos or withdrawal.

Since I am 70 (gasp) I have to have the high potency flu shot and yes, I feel sick for a couple of days. I'll take that any day rather than have the flu, which I have had and it was awful.

Fast forward to 2020 and COVID which is far worse and much more deadly than the flu. I would take a few days of feeling awful, in fact, I would welcome it because that means the vaccine is working. I would do this for myself and for our world that is being decimated by this terrible virus. 

The vaccine is not a free pass to drop the mask and stop practicing good habits to avoid the spread of COVID. But, it's a step in the right direction.  I am in a high risk age group, although I'm 70 I feel much younger and lead an active life, still teaching and engaged in many other activities. I want to be able to continue to do these things and the vaccine will help me do this.

Did you read the link hohot posted. Think it's got be an individual choice I'm not advocating for or against, just my mental symptoms so awful couldn't cope if it made them even worse. If I was further in recovery probably think differently. When are you getting it in US ?

Did you read the link hohot posted. Think it's got be an individual choice I'm not advocating for or against, just my mental symptoms so awful couldn't cope if it made them even worse. If I was further in recovery probably think differently. When are you getting it in US ?

Yes I read her post but her source was less than credible. However, I have read information about the questions involving transmission from other sources. That certainly doesn't change my mind, I'm doing this for my health. 

I won't be eligible for a vaccine for a while, we need to get it to our hero's our frontline medical workers right now.  Next will be those in care facilities. I will be signing up as soon as it is my turn.

I'd not heard of paper it was in but I'm  not it US so wouldn't know how credible it was. I'll see what others experiences on here are. Agree front line workers should definitely be the first. They have said here they were unsure whether it would stop transmission to other people and were unsure how long it would protect you for, it's all guess work I assume initially as it's new vaccine.

I read that in my area the vaccine won’t be available until around April.  I will be at one year and 1 month in my withdrawal, so, hopefully, I will be o.k.  I do want to take it, as does my husband, as we are seniors!

Here's a link to NBC news:

http://press.nbcnews.com/2020/12/01/dateline-nbc-exclusive-lester-holt-speaks-with-heads-of-pfizer-moderna-and-johnson-johnson-in-first-joint-interview0/

I was as shocked as anyone that he said this. Again, not advising anyone on what to do. The website I cited was one of many to choose from. Just happened to find this one.

Additional references per a friend:

According to a Dec. 3, 2020 article in Nature, scientists still have many unanswered questions about the vaccines.  One of them is: Do the vaccines prevent transmission of COVID-19?

None of the clinical trials of the three vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, Astra
Zeneca) has demonstrated that any of the vaccines prevent infection altogether or reduce the spread of disease in a population.  Per the article, “This leaves open the chance that those who are vaccinated could remain susceptible to asymptomatic infection — and could transmit that infection to others who remain vulnerable.”

Source:

The UK has approved a COVID vaccine — here’s what scientists now want to know

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03441-8

I'm sorry, but I disagree with this being "off topic." People are trying to evaluate getting an injection based on a perceived benefit. If this is quote from the gentleman, everyone is welcome to listen to the whole interview.

I've stated before, Ive had vaccines during my life based on risk benefit ratio. Data is not an opinion. If anyone including the moderators feel lthey'd like to have it, please feel free.

This seems like censorship and a bit punitive. Are dissenting opinions about it from legitimate scientists to be silenced too? .Evaluating data means  to look at all and make a choice.

Imagine if BB were to be targeted by Big Pharma for spreading false information about their products..

I'm still very uncertain about it at moment. They have opened up the shops here even though we aren't allowed to see anyone at home or in our gardens, just seen pictures of people in central London hordes of people on the streets, no masks,does make you wonder at the handling of this. Sorry bit off topic I know!

This seems like censorship and a bit punitive. Are dissenting opinions about it from legitimate scientists to be silenced too? .Evaluating data means  to look at all and make a choice.

Imagine if BB were to be targeted by Big Pharma for spreading false information about their products..

You're hardly being censored or punished hohhot, you were asked to provide a credible source and did so, thank you.  We've had several threads go down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories so my intention was to ensure this doesn't become one of them. 

That being said, you're correct, my comment about the topic going off track from the OP's original question was a error on my part.

Thank you Pamster. I am not trying to be adversarial nor lead anyone astray. I understand you have accountability for the group.

I am concerned about the current push overall on television, news websites, and FB, Twitter, etc. that no one is allowed to disagree with the overwhelming narrative. If they do, they are censored, removed, and labeled fake.news That is not free speech, that is totalitarianism. Each person is responsible for vetting a source. We are adults who can choose.

I've lived in a communist country before so I have seen this in its full implementation. I am dismayed that in the USA and Europe, the ruling politicians are following their dangerous precedents.

Everyone on BB has had a bad experience with the prevailing medical treatments. Attempts for help from them are often rebuked. I apply the same experiences to this narrative about CV.

My sibling was admitted Nov. with CV and put on a vent with heavy sedation. The care has been questionable at best. I have a right to be skeptical.

The term conspiracy theory was coined by the CIA to diminish any eye witness accounts to the JFK assassination from the lone gunman Oswald..

Thank you Pamster. I am not trying to be adversarial nor lead anyone astray. I understand you have accountability for the group.

I am concerned about the current push overall on television, news websites, and FB, Twitter, etc. that no one is allowed to disagree with the overwhelming narrative. If they do, they are censored, removed, and labeled fake.news That is not free speech, that is totalitarianism. Each person is responsible for vetting a source. We are adults who can choose.

I've lived in a communist country before so I have seen this in its full implementation. I am dismayed that in the USA and Europe, the ruling politicians are following their dangerous precedents.

Everyone on BB has had a bad experience with the prevailing medical treatments. Attempts for help from them are often rebuked. I apply the same experiences to this narrative about CV.

My sibling was admitted Nov. with CV and put on a vent with heavy sedation. The care has been questionable at best. I have a right to be skeptical.

The term conspiracy theory was coined by the CIA to diminish any eye witness accounts to the JFK assassination from the lone gunman Oswald..

Hohhot,

Thank you for your input.

Is your sibling doing okay now?

Did they recover from the Coronavirus?

Did they recover from all of the sedation meds?

[39...]