Who has COVID

[Me...]

Who here has had Covid

How old are you

And how did it go?

I was identified as close contact and might have it. Of course I’m freaking out that wd makes it worse. I’m only 28 and healthy otherwise

The stress of being a close contact is ramping my symptoms more than anything. I cannot tolerate stress so I just have to chill about it. The second I found out, I had cold spots and internal tremors. I’d had no symptoms all day until that moment. Uhhhgh. I would’ve rather not known.

My wd anxiety says I’m gonna die. Obviously.

I currently have it. No joke.

My husband came home with a positive test on Monday/Tuesday (last week). I had full mouth kissed him like 12 hrs before so I knew there was no way out for me.

No point freaking out..I actually kinda got super still and quiet inside...like a surrender. I knew I had a day or so before symptoms hit so I made sure things were in order around the house and made some calls for outside support.

So how do I inform you all without causing stress..... what I will share has been my experience. Others may respond differently.

It exacerbated my benzo symptoms. covid causes muscle ache and I was already dealing with muscle symptoms. I had a low grade fever. there's def fatigue. i have no sense of smell (its just weird!). GI is upset a little. Cough. I had to take tylenol bc of the muscle cramping and fever - had to, despite knowing I am med sensitive right now.

So I've had some symptoms revisit I haven't had in awhile. It sucks. I sobbed. But I knew if I got through it before - I can do this again.

Its temporary. I try to think of it as a wave.

2-3 days were super intense. But then you get glimpses of it getting better.

I'm in my 40's and month 10 of recovery.

It packs a punch but we all have developed a skill of digging deep when we think we just can't do it anymore. I have somehow proved to myself that I can once again:) ughhhhhh

The good news is that apparently my immune system is in better shape than I actually thought it would be after the past couple years.

i was fortunate to have put aside extra food earlier this month in case of food shortages, so I haven't really needed to bother anyone yet as we are obviously in quarantine. Ok one delivery - I forgot cat litter and a friend helped out with that.

So I write this to give hope to all that if any of you do get this - you actually know someone on here who is in the early phases of recovery and got it - And is surviving. I'm believing in a week i should be back to my normal recovery baseline...filled with all the non-linear changes:)

But I am alive and I am home with those I love, and I will recover.

so breathe......

My husband came home with a positive test on Monday/Tuesday. I had full mouth kissed him like 12 hrs before so I knew there was no way out for me.

No point freaking out..I actually kinda got super still and quiet inside...like a surrender. I knew I had a day or so before symptoms hit so I made sure things were in order around the house and made some calls for outside support.

So how do I inform you all without causing stress..... what I will share has been my experience. Others may respond differently.

It exacerbated my benzo symptoms. covid causes muscle ache and I was already dealing with muscle symptoms. I had a low grade fever. there's def fatigue. i have no sense of smell (its just weird!). GI is upset a little. Cough. I had to take tylenol bc of the muscle cramping and fever - had to, despite knowing I am med sensitive right now.

So I've had some symptoms revisit I haven't had in awhile. It sucks. I sobbed. But I knew if I got through it before - I can do this again.

It packs a punch but we all have developed a skill of digging deep when we think we just can't do it anymore. I have somehow proved to myself that I can once again:) ughhhhhh

The good news is that apparently my immune system is in better shape than I actually thought it would be after the past couple years.

i was fortunate to have put aside extra food earlier this month in case of food shortages, so I haven't really needed to bother anyone yet as we are obviously in quarantine. Ok one delivery - I forgot cat litter and a friend helped out with that.

So I write this to give hope to all that if any of you do get this - you actually know someone on here who is in the early phases of recovery and got it - And is surviving. I'm believing in a week i should be back to my normal recovery baseline...filled with all the non-linear changes:)

so breathe......

Still lifting others up even when you're sick, you're a gem.  :smitten:

My husband came home with a positive test on Monday/Tuesday. I had full mouth kissed him like 12 hrs before so I knew there was no way out for me.

so breathe......

Trina, I am rooting for you, your strength and perseverance will get you through this. We do what we must, and know that you and your Family are in My Prayers and thoughts. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:😷

WOW Trina!!! What a story!! Is it worse than the flu for you? This doesn’t sound too bad!!

I am trying to accept that I am not in control. And it’s been helpful to “surrender” if you will. If I get sick, I get sick. I’ve been sick before during wd. I can do it again.

This was so helpful in knowing that it doesn’t affect us in some terrifying sinister way, separate from the general population. I had it in my mind convinced that it was going to hurt me more than everyone else because of wd.

The fact that you’re already getting better is wonderful!!! It sounds like our immune systems aren’t that damaged after all. You’ve brought me a lot of hope. Please keep us posted !

umm no...it packs a punch my dear. Its a jacked up flu to put it mildly, and can bring back benzo symptoms or exacerbate them.

BUT...I feel I'm through the worst of it now. :)

Trina, please get better sooner than later....you are one of those gems that just keeps on giving and giving.  Pamper yourself as much as you can, please :smitten:

I have a covid. The muscle spasms overwhelm me completely. Whole body. I can neither sit nor lie without terrible spasms and pains.

The fever is gone and the cough is better.

Thanks Pamster but most of those links weren’t confirmed cases, just people thinking maybe they had it or confusing wd symptoms with it.

I’d also like a page that is only for Covid where people with confirmed cases can come tell their story.

There is a dedicated thread in General Health and Wellbeing for Covid-19 related subjects located here: Covid-19 Posts

All Covid-19 threads found on the forum will be moved to this thread so please use it as it is intended for discussion continuity.

[36...]